Widget on dashboard and (forum) friends online

Caitlin Tobias

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4445 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

What I really would like to see back is the widget on the dashboard, with the latests posts/threads!

Also - but that is more a 'nice to have' -  a widget on this communitysite that shows your  forum-friends with their on- or offline status.
At this moment you can see 'online' and 'new members', but to see your friends (and their status),  you have to open your profile.

Caitlin Tobias wrote:

What I really would like to see back is the widget on the dashboard, with the latests posts/threads!

Completely and totally agree with this - I'm not sure I'd have ever visited the forums in the beginning as a lurker if some of the topics on the Dashboard hadn't caught my interest.

Suspiria Finucane wrote:

People that frequent the forums are a small minority in the realm of SL. Most of the people who don't use the forum don't need more widgets cluttering up their dashboard.

But perhaps more SL Residents would use the forums if they had a way of actually seeing what is being discussed there - that's what drew me to them in the first place. Just 'knowing' that there's a forum somewhere is really not enough to get ordinary residents involved - hide the forums and you really do make it a 'minority sport'.

The whole point of a widget is that you can choose whether to use the functionality to display information IF YOU WANT TO! The Lithium Settings has a bunch of options regarding 'Home Page' that don't seem to be used currently, but I am sure could be linked to our main SL Home/Account Page. Also, has anyone worked out yet whether Forum Friends become Inworld Friends and vice versa?

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4445 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.