Downgrading from Premium

Eisen Criss

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3366 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have recently purchased premium and decided that it was the wrong move to make for my current financial situation. If I downgrade my account back to standard (first abandoning my land), will I continue to get my $L300 and such weekly until the next billing cycle? or am I just out the large sum of money I just spent?

3 answers to this question

Eisen,

I wouldn't be so glum about your Premium Membership payment . If you chose the annual payment of $72.00 USD, you actually get $58.50 USD of it back in the L$300 Weekly Stipend. Not a bad return on the outlay of $72.00 dollars. It the $22.00 USD Quarterly option was your outlay, you actually get $14.25 USD of it back in the L$300 Weekly Stipend.

That is all spendable Lindens.

So with either of these options you also get a cozy 512 sqm Linden Home. All for $23.50 USD annually or $7.75 USD quarterly.  

Not to mention the fun, if not silly occasional Premium Member Only gifts, Sandbox Access, etc.

In my case, my PM allowed for increased Linden Lab Support Services long before I became the owner of my own full regions. This came in handy as I was the Estate Manager of several Full Region & Homestead Islands as well as a few Mainland parcels and this gave me additional support options that a non-PM status would have made me wait for the Island Owner or the Mainland Region Owner to resolve.

While you can do incredible things as a non PM, it does have its advantages for a small actual outlay in dolllars.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3366 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.