How did Linden Lab hijack my Singularity viewer?

Loralinda

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3339 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I logged in the first time today with Singularity, and I'm transported to never never land that is all Second Life viewer and not Singularity.  The log in is different, the menus are the SL viewer and I'm lost.  I assumed it was some new jumped up version of Singularity, but then I noticed the SL hand in the upper left corner.  So I logged out and logged in using Singularity again.  And again I was stuck in a Second Life viewer.  I tell you, I came close to ending it all (not really) but reason won out and I decided to uninstall Singularity and reinstall it from the website again.  Voila!  It's back to good old Singularity as I know it.  Can anyone explain what the hell happened?!!  It's Wednesday today which means LL did restarts yesterday.  Could that have screwed it up?

Loralinda wrote:

So I logged in the first time today with Singularity, and I'm transported to never never land that is all Second Life viewer and not Singularity.  The log in is different, the menus are the SL viewer and I'm lost.  I assumed it was some new jumped up version of Singularity, but then I noticed the SL hand in the upper left corner.  So I logged out and logged in using Singularity again.  And again I was stuck in a Second Life viewer.  I tell you, I came close to ending it all (not really) but reason won out and I decided to uninstall Singularity and reinstall it from the website again.  Voila!  It's back to good old Singularity as I know it.  Can anyone explain what the hell happened?!!  It's Wednesday today which means LL did restarts yesterday.  Could that have screwed it up?

Did you by chance log in from a map link/SLURL rather than doing it directly from a shortcut, etc.? Map links and SLURL's often load from the last viewer installed. Did you try a LL viewer beta or something similar in the interim?

As you already have re-installed Singularity viewer I think it is quite impossible to find out anymore what really has happened in your computer. If you had not re-installed Singularity viewer then it would have been easy to check where the Singularity launch icon pointed to.

Anyway, I have never heard nor seen that Second Life viewer would have hijacked or replaced other viewer in a computer. I'm totally out of ideas.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3339 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.