Curiouser and Curiouser 'The Ending.' Especially for those that were 'there'.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4767 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Jaen Albatros stands at the prow of the great ship, hair (feathers) blowing back in the wind, one arm (wing) draped casually around WingedTraveller's shoulders (wings).

Looking around at the happy forumites, some playing deck games, some chattering excitedly in groups, some talking seriously in a quiet corner, old friends and new, differences put aside/forgotten, banding together in this time of change, she smiles contentedly.

Aahh, peace reigns at last!

Jaen Albatros wrote:

Jaen Albatros stands at the prow of the great ship, hair (feathers) blowing back in the wind, one arm (wing) draped casually around WingedTraveller's shoulders (wings).

Looking around at the happy forumites, some playing deck games, some chattering excitedly in groups, some talking seriously in a quiet corner, old friends and new, differences put aside/forgotten, banding together in this time of change, she smiles contentedly.

Or at least until the iceberg makes an appearance :smileywink:

titanic.jpg

Jaen Albatros wrote:

It's always calmest before the storm. water-004.gif

...Dres

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

Jaen Albatros wrote:

It's always calmest before the storm.
water-004.gif

...Dres

Boat.gif

"Must go...while the .....going's...good....*puff*..*pant*....."aghh, why are my feet wet?"

Jaen Albatros wrote:

Looking around at the happy forumites
, some playing deck games, some chattering excitedly in groups, some talking seriously in a quiet corner, old friends and new, differences put aside/forgotten, banding together in this time of change, she smiles contentedly.

**Only uploaded images may be used in postings**://i.ytimg.com/vi/saalGKY7ifU/default.jpg','vid':'saalGKY7ifU','external':'youtube','originalheight':'0','size':'large','align':'center'}" />

I'm afraid you didn't get all the information. A lot of "happy" forumites realized they were happy BEFORE this new platform, mourned the disappearance of GD and decided to throw themselves into the ocean. Some others joined gV AND ENJOY IT GREATLY.  Some, still, linger not knowing what to do and some...ahh.. yes... some seem to revel in the fact that, finally, they can reign uncontrasted.

This is the bare (sad) truth.

Sole wrote:

Jaen Albatros wrote:

Looking around at the happy forumites
, some playing deck games, some chattering excitedly in groups, some talking seriously in a quiet corner, old friends and new, differences put aside/forgotten, banding together in this time of change, she smiles contentedly.

**Only uploaded images may be used in postings**://i.ytimg.com/vi/saalGKY7ifU/default.jpg','vid':'saalGKY7ifU','external':'youtube','originalheight':'0','size':'large','align':'center'}" />

I'm afraid you didn't get all the information. A lot of "happy" forumites realized they were happy
BEFORE
this new platform,
mourned the disappearance of GD
 and decided to throw themselves into the ocean. Some others joined
gV AND ENJOY IT GREATLY.
  Some, still, linger not knowing what to do and some...ahh.. yes... some seem to revel in the fact that, finally, they can reign uncontrasted.

Eh? What are you talking about? This is a follow up thread (with humourous intent), aimed at the forumites who were 'there' meaning '
there
' in the
previous
thread
....the majority of whom are here in the new platform and are getting along nicely, with no hostility or arguments. How long that will last, one cannot say, but I prefer to remain optimistic.

Sole wrote:

I'm afraid you didn't get all the information. A lot of "happy" forumites realized they were happy
BEFORE
this new platform,
mourned the disappearance of GD
 and decided to throw themselves into the ocean. Some others joined
gV AND ENJOY IT GREATLY.
  Some, still, linger not knowing what to do and some...ahh.. yes... some seem to revel in the fact that, finally, they can reign uncontrasted.

/me waves at Sole!

There is still fun to be had here.  Ignore the faux royalty and post away.

cheer.gif

Jaen Albatros wrote:This is a follow up thread (with humourous intent), aimed at the forumites who were 'there' meaning '
there
' in the
previous
thread...

Sole wrote:

I was there !   I happily contributed to that thread (and I think no one can say that I lack of humour) but the spirit was totally different in my perception. I find there's an icy censorship wind now in SL Forums and as I'm substantially against all kind of censorship, I can but mourn over the new Forum, and especially the disappearance of GD. The very fact that some people rejoice on the way it has been reduced to is reason enough to be sad ! That GD has been reduced to kindergarten space is reason enough to weep !

Sole wrote:

Jaen Albatros wrote:This is a follow up thread (with humourous intent), aimed at the forumites who were 'there' meaning '
there
' in the
previous
thread...

Sole wrote:

I was there !   I happily contributed to that thread (and I think no one can say that I lack of humour) but the spirit was totally different in my perception. I find there's an icy censorship wind now in SL Forums and as I'm substantially against all kind of censorship, I can but mourn over the new Forum, and especially the disappearance of GD. The very fact that some people rejoice on the way it has been reduced to is reason enough to be sad ! That GD has been reduced to kindergarten space is reason enough to weep !

Sole? Didn't realise it was you. Sorry, yes, you were there and no you don't lack humour. But this thread is not rejoicing at the new forums per se, it is rejoicing at the fact that no one is arguing, basically. Plus, I was in the middle of posting an 'ending' to the previous thread when the old forums shut down, so it was left hanging, as it were...I don't like loose threads. ;)

As for the lack of a GD, there is this hidden 'off-topic' thing, which kind of makes up for it don't you think? I agree the general atmosphere is rather lacklustre, probably due to the censorship, yes, but people are making the best of it; there is a sense of hope too, I feel.

Hippie Bowman wrote:

Hippie Finds his way to this thread!  Whew!  Was a rough ride getting here!  Hippie settles in poolside, drink in hand!

Peace!

Yaay, welcome Hippie! Glad you made it safely! *clicks fingers in general direction of the high heeled waitress...* "See that guy there, near the pool?....yeah, long hair, chilled, yeah, that's him...keep his glass filled will you? Bourbon, diet coke....whatever...see that he gets it, okay?. Great, thanks!"

*winks to Hippie*.

valerie Inshan wrote:

Aaaaahhhhh! There you all are! :smileyvery-happy: I told you my boat was big enough and that we had enough food to survive!!!

canot.jpg

(I could not even finish my whiskas... :smileytongue:)

fed up kitty.jpg

Ahh, Valerie! Glad to see you, was getting a bit worried there for a minute.

Didn't get chance to thank you before for providing the boat and the food, don't know how we'd have survived without it! In fact, I was almost too stuffed to crawl the last few yards!.

Thanks to Quinn too, for the drinks and lighting! :)

valerie Inshan wrote:

Aaaaahhhhh! There you all are! :smileyvery-happy: I told you my boat was big enough and that we had enough food to survive!!!

canot.jpg

(I could not even finish my whiskas... :smileytongue:)

fed up kitty.jpg

Ah yes Valerie!  I made it!  Whew!  Wet and cold but i made it!

Peace!

Oh, I'd say it hardly makes up for it.  It's hidden so well that even if you know it is here you have to jump through several hoops to get to it.  I go from my dashboard (where I am signed in) to Community then forums and suddenly find I am not signed in anymore.  So I sign in and it sort of winks at me and says "oh yeah, you were signed in, weren't you."  so it shows me as signed in again but also moves me back to blogs.  So then I select forums again and I look for Offtopic which I have "floated" so it will be on top and it's a different (smaller) font and shows me one post.  But I'm really determined so I click on the tiny Off topic header to get into the off topic section anyway.  And here I see you babbling on about how great it is here now that noone is arguing.  That's because most people gave up already.

kattatonia Wickentower wrote:

Oh, I'd say it hardly makes up for it.  It's hidden so well that even if you know it is here you have to jump through several hoops to get to it.  I go from my dashboard (where I am signed in) to Community then forums and suddenly find I am not signed in anymore.  So I sign in and it sort of winks at me and says "oh yeah, you were signed in, weren't you."  so it shows me as signed in again but also moves me back to blogs.  So then I select forums again and I look for Offtopic which I have "floated" so it will be on top and it's a different (smaller) font and shows me one post.  But I'm really determined so I click on the tiny Off topic header to get into the off topic section anyway.  And here I see you babbling on about how great it is here now that noone is arguing.  That's because most people gave up already.

I guess I'm trying to be positive, though just to be pedantic, I didn't exactly say it was
great
here
now that people aren't arguing; I said, well,
meant
, that it was great
per se
that people aren't arguing.

But I do agree it's not 'great' here....I have the same problems you have stated above, plus I have never yet managed to get any of my floated threads to stay at the top, nor have I ever seen an off topic header...! where is
that
, pray tell? Unless you mean the one that's just below an off topic thread? I haven't seen one of those for ages too. The only way I got back to this one was by clicking on the link in the email.

Although it's very peaceful here now, I am going to eat my words and say 'well, it is kind of dull and there are folks I miss and it's a shame they aren't here'. *sighs*

Jaen Albatros wrote:

kattatonia Wickentower wrote:

I guess I'm trying to be positive, though just to be pedantic, I didn't exactly say it was
great
here
now that people aren't arguing; I said, well,
meant
, that it was great
per se
that people aren't arguing.

But I do agree it's not 'great' here....I have the same problems you have stated above, plus I have never yet managed to get any of my floated threads to stay at the top, nor have I ever seen an off topic header...! where is
that
, pray tell? Unless you mean the one that's just below an off topic thread? I haven't seen one of those for ages too. The only way I got back to this one was by clicking on the link in the email.

Although it's very peaceful here now, I am going to eat my words and say 'well, it is kind of dull and there are folks I miss and it's a shame they aren't here'. *sighs*

Sorry Jaen, I didn't mean to pick on you.  It's not your fault the sanitized forums seem to be devoid of life as well as strife.  I'm just so frustrated that the new improved forums are so awful and they didn't even get rid of the spammer. I don't understand what they were trying to accomplish, but obviously they wanted to sweep the former forumites under the rug or transform us into Stepford clones.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4767 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.