AO activity appears in local chat

Feronymous Tremor

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4772 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Do you know if anyone else sees it in their local chat? It could just be you seeing it.

Either way there could be a way to turn that "feature" off. Did your AO come with any instructional note cards (there may even be one in the AO itself)? If not you might want to IM the person who sold it to you. Be careful, because many times, an AO creator will use an AO made by someone else and just add their animations to it. In which case, the creator will not be the person from which it was bought.

Hope this helps... Dres

I have a similar yet completely different issue. Apparently, if I have an error in my AO, everyone else sees it but me. o_O I assume I've muted something somewhere in my preferences.

No help on this one, though, but it'd be for the creator to sort out, I suspect. Is it a ZHAO II? I've bought (or over the past several months, put together) several ZHAO II AOs and have never experienced anything like that.

I believe local chat is in Channel 0. The best thing is to ask a friend if he/she can 'listen' or see your AO texts from the local chat. If yes, does your AO allows content modification? According to Zhao II's script note, it automatically assigns your channel based on your available channels as the owner of the AO. In my case, my AO listen channel was assigned to -1, which means the AO's texts will not be read by anyone but me. But, I need to check my other alt if that is true.

Relm Foxdale wrote:

I have a similar yet completely different issue. Apparently, if I have an error in my AO, everyone else sees it but me. o_O I assume I've muted something somewhere in my preferences.

No help on this one, though, but it'd be for the creator to sort out, I suspect. Is it a ZHAO II? I've bought (or over the past several months, put together) several ZHAO II AOs and have never experienced anything like that.

Hi, for those errors, there is an option on the viewer preferences to show script errors in chat. On most versions it was turned off by default, but last year LL started to leave it switched on. When it's enabled, it shows as red text.

Almost all those AO errors are about missing animations. Sometimes there is advice to remove unwanted animations from the AO's inventory, but this is what causes the errors. It is important to remove them in the notecard first, then reload it. After that they can stay in the inventory or come out as you please.

Many, many people on the grid were given free starter AOs or found good deals to buy, but they didn't know there were stolen animations in them. A recent massive DMCA takedown caused those animations to disappear but the broken AOs are still around, so those errors are everywhere lately. If you were a victim of that scam, that can explain errors if you did not remove any yourself. The fix is the same, take out any anmations from the notecard that are not in your AO's inventory.

Some AOs do allow you to turn off those messages, which as others pointed out,may or may not be visible to others.

Other AOs do not spam local chat by default indicating their operation by colours on a HUD or similar.  I can only speak for the one I use, Huddles, which is like the Swiss army knife of AOs. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4772 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.