I need help/guidance.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3363 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Since the day 1/8/2015 a resident strikes my land. I and several other people reported the abuse. I have already sent ticket to linden labs. But nothing happens, and the attacks continue, every day several times a day.

In the beginning he put huge black balls around the houses, using the land neighbors, I asked the neighbors shut their land and they closed, and black balls (missile1) are over.

Now he logs two avatars, and uses 6000 scripts in each, (12000 attachment scripts) and freezes the land, consuming all resources of the region. This is done several times a day.

http://gyazo.com/d38936c79e2154ca59997707b291ffcf

For more than two years I rent houses and land in SL. I like what I do, I have a blog, I have a channel on youtube with video support to residents I pay Commission to brokers. I own a few land, I don't make any money with it, but I like it and I've worked hard to assemble everything you have. I paid premium account I paid tier. And my job over two years is being destroyed by a greifer. Nobody wants to live in a place like this, and my tenants are leaving their homes, I also wouldn't live.

If anyone can help me or guide me on how to proceed I get very thankful, I am very close to give up everything, because it will do a month without that linden labs have no attitude.

Tks

VillaDiVerona, after reading your post two suggestions come to mind that might temporarily ease things a bit there while you wait for a response from LL.

1. If you haven't already done so, the person's avatar and their two script heavy alts need to be region banned. If you are the owner of that sim/region/estate just go into the Region Settings and ban from there. This ensures he and his alts can't tp in at all. If you are not the sim owner then you'll have to contact the person who is and have them add the names to the ban list.

2. Assumng the person will likely come with other alts once banned, I would purchase and set down a script monitoring item and set it to automatically kick anyone out who exceeds a certain amount of memory usage in scripts. So regardless how many alts he uses and how script heavy he wants to be, he gets a free ride back to his home location.

Hope this helps and good luck...

Thanks Daisy for your reply, my parcel is in mainland and has 16128 sqm on this island where the attacks are occurring. My parcel is neighbor to a river of LINDEN LABS, and by default the areas of LINDEN allow execution of scripts, and objects. But I'm going to buy the script that I suggested, a "limiter script" but I don't think that will have permissions to eject who's in the area that belongs to LINDEN.  I will try.

Thank you all.

Assuming this isn't a public venue, like a club, you can set or deed your land to a private group (need invite to join group) then set the land option for run scripts, rez things and object entry for group members only.

Griefers are like two year olds.  They'll do anything for attention and when you don't give it to them they stop.  When the griefer realizes he can't do much, he'll grow bored and leave you alone.

VillaDiVerona wrote:

Thanks
Daisy
for your reply,
my
parcel
is
in
mainland
and
has
sqm
on this island
where
the attacks
are occurring
My
parcel
is
neighbor to
a river
of LINDEN
LABS
and
by default
the areas
of LINDEN
allow
execution of
scripts,
and
objects.
But
I'm going to buy
the
script
that I suggested
a
"
limiter
script
"
but I don't think that
will
have permissions
to eject
who's
in the area that
belongs to
LINDEN
.  I will try.

Thank you all

Worn scripts shouldn't be able to slow down a region significantly with the way script time is assigned. If this is what's happening, take out a JIRA under the "Security" topic and give them details about how this is happening - it will get more attention.

Hello Amethist thanks for your replay. I'm not the owner of all the region, I have 16,128 sqm on this island (mainland) where these attacks occur. Is a location used by several people, I rent skys, is the parcel belongs to the group. The land is donated to the Group (need invite to join group), run scripts, rez things and object entry for group members only.
The greifer this using terrain (a river) of linden (where it is allowed to run scripts), or land neighbors who allow scripts. So he goes there with an avatar, and send tp to your other avatar, and start attaching scripts, 4,000 to 6000, each avatar, and freezes all SIM,. . nothing else works.

Thanks to all

2 things here:

- I made tests a while ago. 5000 listening scripts that are triggered simultaneously will bring script execution of a sim nearly to a halt. But only the script exectution. Movement/TP/whatever should still work.

- Don't bother with the parcels "no script" setting. That is irrelevant. Script execution is blocked from ground to 75m above ground thats it. And a scripter can script in a way that the scripts are even running on ground - in the no script zone. If I make a hud, that will always work fine in a no script zone.

Hello, thanks for the reply.
I believe that there is no defense for that. The object is to copy and transfer, and circulates freely in SL. It spreads like an epidemic and the mostpeople already has this object. The attack continues, the avatar is on my land for only 4 minutes, resource consumption grows progressively ("sometimes 72%") and after 4 minutes neither script works. I lost almost 3 years of work.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3363 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.