My Avatar doesnt res properly

Jaymee Tylman

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4771 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

and it says at the end of the loggin that my clothing is not downloaded. when i try to change clothes it tells me  i can not change my aoearence untill my shape is fully downloaded which never happens. i have trued clearing my caches, changing regions, rebaking and the other thing with renderunloadedavatar in debug. and nothing works. i have uninstalled and deleted all files on my computer with respect to SL and nothing works........Help me Please

7 answers to this question

Your avatar has not downloaded, sometimes this is due to a bug that corrupts one of the 4 basic avatar elements (Hairbase, Shape, Skin, Eyes) so replacing those usually fixes things.

Method 1
Create a folder, name it something easy to find so you can always keep it in your inventory for future use, like Normal Me or whatever.
Put a copy of your usual basic components in there...Skin, shape, eyes, hair (including bald base), huds etc and a basic shirt and pair of pants.
Right click on the folder and select REPLACE

Method 2
Reset your avvie to default, depending which viewer you are using this is done here:
Advanced Menu >>Character>>Character Tests >> Test Male (or Female)
or
Developers Menu (ctrl alt Q)>>Avatar>>Character Tests>>Test Male (or Female)

HI Jaymee,  I have sent you a folder inworld (Katie Starter Folder).  Click on the folder and replace everything you are wearing (including shape, skin...everything) with the contents of the folder.  Once you have rezzed, you can rebuild your avatar.  This has worked for me every time.  Be patient, it may take a minute or two to rez.  Keep the folder for future needs.  Good luck!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4771 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.