Your Avatar and community strength.

Suspiria Finucane

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4799 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Is an avatar a part of the community or is an avatar relegated to be isolated? If this sub-forum is about "Your Avatar", does that mean you aren't a part of the community as a whole? I really hope not.

It might be a good idea to define what "Your Avatar" really means. IMO if each thread in this section is only about "Your Avatar" singularly, no one could ever reply because that would signify a "community". Second Life is a community based application and as a community, threads that improve that community, belong in this section.

So, if this sub-forum is about "Your Avatar" we should all speak up as singular avatars to create that community. The community is then naturally strengthened and benefits the entire community.

Is your avatar part of a community or is it a single entity?

Suspiria Finucane wrote:

Is an avatar a part of the community or is an avatar relegated to be isolated? If this sub-forum is about "Your Avatar", does that mean you aren't a part of the community as a whole? I really hope not.

It might be a good idea to define what "Your Avatar" really means. IMO if each thread in this section is only about "Your Avatar" singularly, no one could ever reply because that would signify a "community". Second Life is a community based application and as a community, threads that improve that community, belong in this section.

So, if this sub-forum is about "Your Avatar" we should all speak up as singular avatars to create that community. The community is then naturally strengthened and benefits the entire community.

Your avatar is as much a part of the SL community as your RL body is a part of the RL community.

Suspiria Finucane wrote:

Both, without a doubt. If my avatar was a single entity with no connection to the wider community, then I would be playing Sims instead. I am in SL because of the communities to which I belong.

Prokofy Neva wrote:

This thread belongs in off-topic because it's about your group again.

Could you possibly explain why a thread about "Your Avatar" doesn't belong in the "Your Avatar" subforum? Also, perhaps you could quote the name of the group you mention from the OP. I don't see any mention of a group.

If you have an agenda to remove any thread you personally don't approve of, perhaps you can fill out an ap at LRI  for a mod job. I've heard it's a great cutting edge company to work for with outstanding benefits. :smileywink:

PS Perhaps Love Machine Inc would suit you more aptly so you can work from home.

Matty Luminos wrote:

Suspiria Finucane wrote:

Both, without a doubt. If my avatar was a single entity with no connection to the wider community, then I would be playing Sims instead. I am in SL because of the communities to which I belong.

i_agree.gif

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4799 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.