Why don't I meet the minimum requirements anymore?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2274 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

if your setup hasn't changed, then you should still be able to run one of the many 3rd Party Viewers even if changes to the official viewer have made it unusable for you.

if you have not updated and are receiving this message it means that something has changed on your system... this could be file corruption of video card drivers, the side effect of a virus, or even a partial hardware failure.... make sure to scan you system thoroughly, and/or reinstall your video drivers if that's the case

7 answers to this question

if your setup hasn't changed, then you should still be able to run one of the many 3rd Party Viewers even if changes to the official viewer have made it unusable for you.

if you have not updated and are receiving this message it means that something has changed on your system... this could be file corruption of video card drivers, the side effect of a virus, or even a partial hardware failure.... make sure to scan you system thoroughly, and/or reinstall your video drivers if that's the case

Another thing you might  try if  you do not know what is on  your syatem  :

go to  http://www.belarc.com/

and  run this  it is  free and  works  great! It  will tell you all you need to know  abou what is on your  computer system and then can  take  that  compare it with  what is on the system requirements and know exactly   if you can  run SL BEFORE you  DL it  :) 

I u se this  to  keep on top of things in my  system i run it abt once a month.

Khalhys Ahren wrote:

A few hours ago, I could at least run a Second Life viewer, but now I don't meet the requirements anymore...

This is a recent issue that I cannot solve. I don't even know if I can at least use ANY viewer anymore.

Bottom line is that I don't know whether SL will still at least run on my PC. I have looked at the System Requirements, yes, but I don't know if it will merely affect my performance or if I won't be able to run it at all.:smileysad:

Personally, I wouldn't rely on the Systems Requirements page to tell me whether my system could run SL or not. Despite numerous attempts over many months to get Linden Lab to alter it from Windows 7 32-bit only to just Windows 7 or Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit, it still hasn't been changed. Neither is the graphics card list correct as many graphics cards not listed will work.

If you click the Help menu above you'll see on the right "Test your system set up and connections". Try that and see what comes up. Even then the only way to really know if your system will run SL or not is to try it. If your system was running Second Life fine until yesterday and now it won't, we should be able to solve it for you but we need to know what the issue is. What happens when you load Second Life and what messages if any appear when things go wrong?

it seems, just like myself, you are getting nowhere with this query.
and many of the replies require you to load SL which is dumb, because, i reckon you wont get past the viewer initialising, and get that error notice before it stops loading at all saying your graphics and system requirments are no longer good enough?

yes, the advice onthis issue all round is very poor and very shoddy, especially if the folk replying with apparent help dont get it that you CAN NO LONGER LOAD SECONDLIFE AT ALL.
yes?

well,has anyone a "SOLVE" for this yet?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2274 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.