Jump to content

Thread locks in the new forum?


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4887 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

Okay, if there is active AR-griefing, lets get proof and post it. Alternatively, we can forward the info to Linden Lab. I know of several external fora that ban such people. Perhaps Linden Lab should do the same.

Edit:

@DD

Yes, good point. Best not to post it in the fora. Instead, send proof of AR-griefing to Lexi Linden directly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I fully agree I will not post it here but forward it to you another way. I already have been warned once. :(


Deltango Vale wrote:

Okay, if there is active AR-griefing, lets get proof and post it. Alternatively, we can forward the info to Linden Lab. I know of several external fora that ban such people. Perhaps Linden Lab should do the same.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think what you're finding is that the Lindens now are prepared to moderate the forums fairly and not allow any one clique to seize the mindshare or the marketshare by keeping their personal threads in the top view.

I hope so, anyway.

Anyone who is unhappy with this forum of course has a wide selection of offworld forums now.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I will attempt to reply to your statement and be civil though it is difficult. I must question both your approach and method used here and in other threads. You seem to have the feeling that forum policy is to be based on your understanding of the rules.

You in fact have suggested that others that disagree with your concept should leave the forums. You are paranoid beyond reasonable doubt about cliques and groups and mindshares as well as what you determine must be kept in top view.

This type of action, following other posters about and placing suggestive comments is a very sad reflection on your character and intelligence. You have said your piece in many threads since the new opening and it is tiresome and destructive to the community as a whole.

I would respectfully ask you to refrain from further disruptive habits if you can not say something relate then  for the good of the community pass us by. Thank you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 


Prokofy Neva wrote:

I think what you're finding is that the Lindens now are prepared to moderate the forums fairly and not allow any one clique to seize the mindshare or the marketshare by keeping their personal threads in the top view.

I hope so, anyway.

Anyone who is unhappy with this forum of course has a wide selection of offworld forums now.

 

Here is an interesting article about the capabilities of the new platform. If they have the ability to identify Threads/Topics at the push of a button there is certainly a reason for it. Wouldn't you think?




 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Prokofy Neva wrote:

I think what you're finding is that the Lindens now are prepared to moderate the forums fairly and not allow any one clique to seize the mindshare or the marketshare by keeping their personal threads in the top view.

I hope so, anyway.

Anyone who is unhappy with this forum of course has a wide selection of offworld forums now.

 

Anyone else noticed that Prok is sounding more and more like Cato?

 

NOTHING I've seen about these forums so far suggests that LL has any other interest than turning them into a gleaming spanky-clean PR showcase and techie sweatshot for LL.  Even the fact that this vaunted new Off Topic forum is out of the public eye reinforces that. 

Congrats!  We've been Zindra-ed!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 


Scylla Rhiadra wrote:


Prokofy Neva wrote:

I think what you're finding is that the Lindens now are prepared to moderate the forums fairly and not allow any one clique to seize the mindshare or the marketshare by keeping their personal threads in the top view.

I hope so, anyway.

Anyone who is unhappy with this forum of course has a wide selection of offworld forums now.

 

Anyone else noticed that Prok is sounding more and more like Cato?

 

NOTHING I've seen about these forums so far suggests that LL has any other interest than turning them into a gleaming spanky-clean PR showcase and techie sweatshot for LL.  Even the fact that this vaunted new Off Topic forum is out of the public eye reinforces that. 

Congrats!  We've been Zindra-ed!

Putting aside your personal comment re: Prokofy, my perspective is that LL has every right to project the image they, as a business entity, choose to project.  They have control of this 'venue' and it is their right to control it as they see fit.  Since Day 1 of the rollout last week, many asked for the return of a 'GD-like' environment.  They listened to the comments and provided this subforum.

 

This is just another area for residents to express themselves to each other.  LL is not obligated to open this particular subforum to those outside LL.  There are many places residents can post opinion and commentary.  This is but one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Venus Petrov wrote:

 

Putting aside your personal comment re: Prokofy, my perspective is that LL has every right to project the image they, as a business entity, choose to project.  They have control of this 'venue' and it is their right to control it as they see fit.  Since Day 1 of the rollout last week, many asked for the return of a 'GD-like' environment.  They listened to the comments and provided this subforum.

 

This is just another area for residents to express themselves to each other.  LL is not obligated to open this particular subforum to those outside LL.  There are many places residents can post opinion and commentary.  This is but one.

And I'm not denying that this is LL's right.

I'm just not entirely sure that I want to be a party to it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

DQ Darwin, you and your gang are the ones that suffer from that problem.

You keep imagining that your group's threads deserve to be on top, and serve as "the community threads" that give you mindshare and marketshare and the ability to remain superior over others.

Evidently they don't.

They belong in off-topic.

Er, I've never, even in my life suggested that "others that disagree with my concept" should "leave the forums".

What I've suggested is that if you have your own offworld forums where it's very comfy for your group, and your in-crowd, why come here? What purpose does it serve for you? It's not like you're even recruiting new people for your club?

This notion that you can sit in judgement on people and describe them as "destructive to the community as a whole" is again, what's all wrong with your approach. It implies that "you" are "the community"; that you "determine what the community is" and that you can decide "'what strengthens it" or "what destroys it". This is just not appropriate.

So once again, stop trying to speak for the entire community, stop bossing people around, and stop impugning malice to them.

Group reinforcing threads need to be offworld in their clubs, or in off-topic. That's clear. Seems like a perfectly fine policy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 


Scylla Rhiadra wrote:

And I'm not denying that this is LL's right.

I'm just not entirely sure that I want to be a party to it.

 

And there's not a lot of reason to.  I mean, it's fine for chatting and sharing pictures of party dresses, but it has zero Google-fu, being robot.txt'd out of the search corpus... in stark contrast to a certain other forum we know that is very, very visible to Google search.  So, where would one choose to post, to actually be read?

With that in mind, it's probably best that this forum not be externally visible, lest LL moderate it enough to have an acceptable public search presence for their own domain.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4887 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...