I recently made a basketball hoop. How can I make it so I can throw the ball in to the hoop?

thesammy58

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4791 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

If your hoop is considered hollow by the physics systerm, you can make a sphere that is small enough to fit through the hoop, turn the sphere physical. then use the built in functions that enable you to pick up and throw physics enabled objects.

Put the mouse over a physics enabled object, the cursor will change to a hand, click and drag the mouse around , the object will move.

Press the Control key down, put the cursor over the object, it changes to a hand, click and drag the mouse around and you can move the object up and down.

Play with these a bit and you should be able to do a crude job of throwing the sphere.

You can use scripting to make  a shootable ball.  You could modify the pop gun or other similar script that comes in your inventory to fire a basketball instead of a bullet, and modify the visible part of the gun to be a baketball or part of of avatar's outfit.

Basically, shooting a basketball is no different then shooting a gun. Of course you will need the ball to be the gun and the bullet, and the bullet need physics. Any basic gun script should work, but you might want to make the ball/gun go transparent after you shoot.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4791 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.