How do you make the text in your badge not white?

Charolotte Caxton

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4766 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

7 answers to this question

You have to change the theme but I hear if you do you can never go back to the white. :smileysurprised:

1) Pick a theme and hit save.

2) To bring your image back pick your image and hit save.

3) Say goodbye to white for ever.

4) Pick different ones for different effects.

badge.jpg

If you choose no "theme" at all, you can use any background image, and there's a pre-defined set of text formatting that is black for the name, grey for the title, and lighter grey for the rest of the text.

If you ever try to use one of the stock themes, you're stuck with some elements of it, and no way to change it. Choosing "Bayfog" at that point will at least allow an image to be seen properly as a background, and gives you the text colors you see in my badge. The darker rectangle and diagonal blue stripes at the right of that rectangle is a part of the Bayfog style that doesn't go away if you use your own background image. The white square and red triangle (my business logo) is my "avatar" image, and the text "Builder and Texture Artist" is a part of the background image that I created. Here's my image, by itself:

CeeraBG11.JPG

There's apparently no control on our side for most of the formatting. And to make it worse, Answers and The Forums use different sized areas of the badge image!

As others have said, it's based on which pre-defined theme you use.

I wrote a bit of a guide here: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Your-Avatar/How-to-create-a-cool-forum-avatar-badge/td-p/707025

My initial advice was to not use one of the pre-defined themes first as you won't be able to revert back to how you have it now. However, looking at people's badges now, I'm nore inclined to suggest people use either the 'bayfog' theme (which will look similar to mine) or the 'tokyo madness' theme which will give you three transparent grey boxes.

Note that if you use one of these themes you'll then need to reapply your background image. Also, if you use one of these themes, it will be difficult to revert back to how you have it now with the white box. It is possible, but difficult - see Void's comment here:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Technical/White-box-in-badge/qaq-p/721209

please see my comment to your original question here for part of the explanation (namely about the box around your text)...

the rest is, default badge text is black both bayfog and tokyo use white, spat uses black but wikes out most of the bacground, modern uses a combination, but also wipes out most of the background.

those are our ONLY choices at this time.

you can cheat and use a photo editor to add color behind or around your name text to make it stand out more (or fade in more)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4766 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.