why do i explode into attachments i didn;t ask for when i login

Xeandra Claveau

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4886 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

when i login  before i even  open  my  inventory or right after the server reads  it all.  I get a messege say  cannot rez that. Even though im on  my land.. thing is  im not trying to rez anything. And then  i explode into houses and pianos and stuff i  didn;t even attampt to attach. I get another system messege saying that  i cant attach all these things but it keeps attachign stuff even when i detach.  finally i get everything off and i can continue with my day. Why is this  happening. How can i fix it.

to fill out my  complaint a little more.  ive clarec cache both manually and not.. tried switching veiwers.. detachign everything and  ruthing myself ive been fighting  it for  about five days. IT dosent happen to any of my alts.  and im not trying to wear anything it just happens   sporaddically when i logon

8 answers to this question

It sounds like at some point you have accidentally dragged the wrong type of folder onto your avvie....Like an objects folder instead of an outfit folder & its having a meltdown trying to attach all the objects to you. There is a limit of 38 attachments at one time so if the folder was say 1000 items it might keep adding the next thing whenever you detach one and make space. Bet its mental to watch LOL

Try right-clicking your "current outfit" folder and "take off items" then right click one of your outfit folders and "replace outfit", then relog and see if it happens again.

QUOTE: ive been stugginging with it for five days ... i havent even tried to put anything on and it happens I've switched veiwers clared cache regullarly and manually tried different charecters .. its only my main oldie...

Do you have the Cache location always set to the default when you switch viewers? Different viewers used to overwrite each other (in the olden days hehe) but now with so many optional viewers, we have the situation of different viewers with their cache in the same location causing some issues.

Try changing the location of your cache for the viewer you are using (in preferences) and then clear your cache and relog, see if thats whats causing the confusion.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4886 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.