Please delete this thread !

Wilhiam Hydraconis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4578 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The atmosphere your pics stir up Victor1st is awesome. You can almost see and hear the horse and carts, the steel on the bottom of people's boots clattering on the road, and little ragamuffins running around in the fog barefoot, dirty and not caring..fantastic..

And the OP's house, warm, curled up in a chair reading..wonderful homes

(haven't figured out how to get photos from sl inventory to here, so no pic of mine, sorry)

Wilhiam Hydraconis wrote:

Pondering at my laptop after having to relocate to another sim, I wondered about the homes of others.

Snapshot_009.jpg

Of course I cannot expect others to show their homes without giving a glimpse of mine first.

Snapshot_010.jpg

<snip>

I really like those interior textures, and the furniture is a perfect match. Where did you find that house?

Thanks for the kind comments folks :)

One more pic.  About 500 metres above my home in Refugio is one of the two TARDISes i have as skyboxes.  Fans of the show and folks who keep up to date with the new series will recognise this next picture of the main console room of my skybox...

Matt Smith Console

Ishtara Rothschild wrote:

That looks fantastic. The other buildings too, but this is especially realistic imho. Great lighting and ambiance too.

Thanks :)  Lighting and windlight in New Babbage during the winter snow period is a lot more lighter than it usually is.  New Babbage is a heavy industry steampunk town...normally it looks like this during no snow...

Heavy Industry

Thick smog...hence the tshirt.. "I visited New Babbage and all i got was this lousy hacking cough"  xD

I took this video of my sim, Kuu Ipo, in October so there's been a few changes but my beloved rainy mountain is still intact! :D

This is with one of my best friends in SL (she's the cute blonde), we were shooting pics for a vendor ad and I made one of my shots into a TV Guide cover, just for kicks.

tv guide.jpg

showdoll.jpg

@ Ishtara : Heh .. you already once stated you like those textures, I hope it's safe to say the house is made by *** Old World *** . The furniture was made by ~Dirty Rat~ . If you like I will pass you the LMs inworld when you are online. Thank you as well for the insight into your modern home. Looks lovely and comfy.

@Victor1st : I will defenitely visit your sims. Did I mention that ? I will defenitely wear some garlic too though. :) .. Really.. very atmospheric. Almost can hear Jack the Ripper stalking about for his next victim.. but do I see the Eiffel-tower in there ?

@ Suspiria : Ah ... very Prince(ss) of Persia-like. You fancy castles it seems.. and tropics. Thank you for sharing.

@Melanie774 : Home is where the heart is. Thank you for sharing yours albeit most was underneath sealevel . ;)

Thank you all for posting.

@Melanie774 : Home is where the heart is. Thank you for sharing yours albeit most was underneath sealevel .
;)

Indeed! I had originally wanted to name my sim Ke Kai (means "the ocean") but sadly someone had already taken that name for their own sim. So I went with Kuu Ipo instead, which I also love <3 From the moment I first got my sim, I knew I wanted a lot of it to be underwater. :)

Anyway, I'm loving this thread. It's giving me the ol' interior decoration itch again, lol.

@ Ishtara : Heh .. you already once stated you like those textures, I hope it's safe to say the house is made by
*** Old World ***
. The furniture was made by
~Dirty Rat~
. If you like I will pass you the LMs inworld when you are online.  [...] 

That would be great :) I'm offline (trying to persuade myself to do the dishes), but you can send them anyway. Thanks in advance :)

Victor1st Mornington wrote:

Thanks for the kind comments folks
:)

One more pic.  About 500 metres above my home in Refugio is one of the two TARDISes i have as skyboxes.  Fans of the show and folks who keep up to date with the new series will recognise this next picture of the main console room of my skybox...

Matt Smith Console

Does Doctor 11 know you hijacked his ride?  Do you have a fez hiding somewhere in there as well?  Still, absolutely gorgeous, and I am more than a bit jealous.  Personally, I'd love to see the rest of your TARDIS collection. But then, I'm a geek about that show. *^.^*

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4578 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.