Threaded View

Henry Darkthief

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4800 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I actually liked the threaded view that we had before. Is it possible to config things to do that with this new 'ware? Currently, when I click on a topic I get the OP of the thread and then a list of the names of all the responses below, but those posts are not displayed.

Please don't refer me to the Knowledge Base and such, been there, done that 3 times now. I have also gone through everything under 'My Settings', Community Help, the SL Answers Forum.

Henry Darkthief wrote:

I actually liked the threaded view that we had before. Is it possible to config things to do that with this new 'ware? Currently, when I click on a topic I get the OP of the thread and then a list of the names of all the responses below, but those posts are not displayed.

Please don't refer me to the Knowledge Base and such, been there, done that 3 times now. I have also gone through everything under 'My Settings', Community Help, the SL Answers Forum.

Yeah it's not the best system in my opinion. I really liked being able to see clearly who was replying to who in threads etc. Now it's really confusing and even the new 'threaded view' isn't much of  a help to me. We did bring this up at the last Community Feedback Meeting and will bring it up again. It may change - fingers crossed.

No. Not in the 'style' of the previous forum. Torley does have a workaround to show a kind of threaded view ( only with who is responding to whom but unsimular to what used to be).

It has already been noted by several people in the Forum Feedback - thread. I'm not sure if there is going to be a follow up to those remarks.

I prefer the linear view we now have as a default, but one feature of the Jive platform that was nice (possibly the ONLY feature nicer than this platform!) was the ability to click the up-arrow on a post and see the post to which the current post was replying.

I'd love to see that feature here.  Failing that, the ability to quickly switch briefly to a threaded view (while maintaining focus on whatever post one is reading), would be helpful.

Until one of these functions is added, I guess I'll be using the "quote" button a whole lot!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4800 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.