Second Life Answers should work in normal order

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4771 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I don't see a separate thread on this topic, so I'm making one.

The way the replies in the Answers section are displayed, with the most recent on top, and hidden comments, strikes me as being terrible. Answers should work like a normal forum, with answers displayed in either linear chronological order down the page or in a properly threaded format, per individual choice. 

Keli Kyrie wrote:

You can change the order. The button is right under the question.

it still reverts to sort by newest on each thread. even if the settings in prefs is set to show oldest first. several have mentioned this already. hoping it's some kind of bug and on the to do list.

Thanks, Kylie.  I think the default setting should be the same as the forums default setting (oldest first).  I seem to see a pattern emerging on Answers of people coming in and re-posting answers that have already been given, perhaps so that the questioner will see their answer first and choose it as the right one??

I find the hidden comments a little odd, but my guess is that it is done to promote brevity..

I like how the replies are hidden. In the previous format, some residents would arrange meet and greets in the middle of a thread. Half way through the Post the original question or topic would be lost in a endless scroll of back and forth replies to replies.

Knowl Paine wrote:

I like how the replies are hidden. In the previous format, some residents would arrange meet and greets in the middle of a thread. Half way through the Post the original question or topic would be lost in a endless scroll of back and forth replies to replies.

I would prefer the Comments be promoted to normal level, right along with the Answers. I recently posted a Question and found that since I hadn't had the ability to see into the future, certain specifics had to be added in response to people's Answers. But rather than edit my original Question (and thus make someone look stupid for supplying an answer that was obviously incorrect .. in light of the updated info), I found myself repeating the same detail in several different comments.

A Question and subsequent Answers are a conversation among all parties, and as such all parties should be able to hear (read) all comments. Having sideline conversations that are mostly private between two people deprives everyone else of the rich detail AND possible solution contained within.

Heck, the OQ can't even post a "Yay! That worked! Thank you."

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4771 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.