Can't log into SL

Dieter Gearbox

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4533 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I don't have any problem loging in with Imprudence viewer for Second Life but I can't log in with any other viewer, for some awkward reason.

I've googled my problem and the only thing that came up is a hardware ban, this is really weird..

I've tried opening a ticket for this, but they ended up telling me it's only for premium members now..  :/

Is there any way to get this fixed? I'd like to use Phoenix viewer again.

Thanks in advance.

Hmm, well, maybe you can describe exactly what happens when you try to use another viewer.

I'm kinda wondering for myself, if the Away time out is an issue. I noticed after mine was fixed that my setting for this was 2 minutes. I would never set it to 2 minutes. Imagine tho, that the viewer is taking a long time to load, my friends kept saying I was there, and I could hear music, but then all of a sudden I get logged out. So, if my Away setting was 2 min, it could very well be that the system was taking longer than that 2 minutes and thinking i had not moved or done anything so it logs me out.

Sooo, maybe checking that Away setting might help, and setting it real high.

Well.. I've been using Imprudence viewer for quite a while now, around six months?

Probably more than that, I tried using Phoenix Viewer, but it didn't allow me to connect to Second Life giving me the "Login Failed. Second Life cannot be accessed from this computer. If you feel this is an error, please contact support@secondlife.com"  message, after receiving this message I tried using the 2.0 Viewer and Kristens Viewer, they both gave me the same error. Imprudence however, did not give me this error.

After googling a little I got the logical conclusion I might been hardware banned.. this not making any sence, I didn't even know about this before using the other viewers.

Tried opening a ticket, getting the response I can only use the new Submit Ticket system as a premium member.. I basically can't get any help from the Lindens on this AT ALL so that's why I'm directing myself to you guys. :)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4533 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.