Do you treat your avatar...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4747 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Val is absolutely spoiled. She's premium, has more houses than she could possibly use, more jewels than Liz Taylor and Elizabeth II put together. And a wardrobe which would need a whole warehouse if it was in RL. I treat her as a queen! (because she's worth it)

valerie Inshan wrote:

Val is absolutely spoiled. She's premium, has more houses than she could possibly use, more jewels than Liz Taylor and Elizabeth II put together. And a wardrobe which would need a whole warehouse if it was in RL. I treat her as a queen! (
because she's worth it
)

Is she perhaps looking for an extra Gigolo too? *wink wink nudge nudge*

valerie Inshan wrote:

Val is absolutely spoiled. She's premium, has more houses than she could possibly use, more jewels than Liz Taylor and Elizabeth II put together. And a wardrobe which would need a whole warehouse if it was in RL. I treat her as a queen! (
because she's worth it
)

Valerie carries herself with the grace and beauty of a Queen.  

valerie Inshan wrote:

lol, great link! I was speaking of a "Reine de France"! (actually French kings also used to have "mignons", most of them were bisexual during the Renaissance). :smileywink:

:smileysurprised: Well, don't be looking at me for THAT kinda "personal service". LOL

No I have never had a premium account.  Not owning land I have never seen the benefit to it.  I have always rented.  I've been in the same place over three years now.  Have an awesome landlord.

I was greatly concerned when Linden Lab came up with the idea of Linden homes.  I can only guess that they came up with the idea to try to improve the new user experience and to improve new user retention.

My one big concern was (and still is) for the land owners in SL.  I have in RL been in the position in business of having my supplier also becoming my competitor.  It is not an easy situation to be in. 

Amazingly both sides (my customers and my suppliers) saw the potential for extra dollars in the situation but it backfired on both of them.   It actually resulted in a sales drop because they removed the added value of my expertise in dealing with a product (music & videos) that requires a great sensitivity to niche markets.  Literally am album that was selling in one town, the next town over you couldn't give it away.

Maybe it is wrong for me to compare that situation with what the Lab is doing, but it is not an easy situation to be in as a business person.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey! We are two students who are interested in researching on what grounds people on Second Life choose their avatars. We would very much appreciate if anyone would be willing to answer us some questions for our project! We would like to talk to you in Second Life or on Skype? Please reply to this message if you would like to help us!

I was premium when I started back in early '07. Half because I was excited to belong to the community and half because I had no idea I didn't need to be premium to own land. Although I can't say I noticed the recurring charges every three months or so, I can't say I got a whole lot out of being premium either.

I bought on an island sim that no longer exists called Kazami North. First a 2048 about two weeks after starting in SL, and then a couple of months later the people who had the four plots across the stream from me, a 6150 or something, two 4096s a 2048 and a 22 something, all sold out to one guy. After I met him and we became friends, he eventually sold me the whole lot of it, I combined all of those into one plot, and connected the original plot via a bridge across the stream.

It cost me something like $1200 U.S. by the time I got done with it and landscaping costs, plus tier on all that of course for another year and a half, so I spent a lot. When I left that last time, I couldn't find buyers for any of it, improved or otherwise due to the land debacle, and I had to abandon it all.

For all my premium status, even if I'd kept it and never left, I'd have been dumped along with the entire sim some 5 months later. So now I'm basic.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4747 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.