Is anyone else receiving duplicated emails about new posts?

Darrius Gothly

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4794 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

18 answers to this question

One of the emails says "Subscription to Topic" while the other says "Subscription to Board". The problem is that when you are Subscribed to a Topic in a Board that is also on your Subscription list, you get emails for both the Topic and the Board update/post. Jive didn't do that; instead it sent only one email when a post or update was made. So I don't think I'm logged in twice (in fact I know I'm not) but thank you for the suggestion.

I know, on the surface it sounds absurd ... but it's not so simple. I am Subscribed to the Board because I want to be advised of every post to it, even new Topics. But I also want to be advised of follow-on posts to Topics where I've posted/contributed .. no matter which Board. I can't select "Subscribe to Topics I participate in EXCEPT ....". It's an overlap problem, and one that Jive dealt with properly by sending only one email. However Lithium sends both emails even though they refer to the exact same post.

Totally agree Joshooah. What's even odder is when I follow the Topic link in an email about Answers, it takes me to a single pair, my question and your answer .. and logged out. I have to log in which takes me to the "Home page" of the site. When I go back, I still have only your answer to my question and no indication that there are any other answers available. *scratching head* It's confoozing.

LOL Yup, one of those "visibly invisible" links. Too bad they didn't put it into the ".... Options" menu drop-down at the top, or put a colored background on it .. or a box around it .. or a giant blinking arrow with flash animation .. or something. Usability issues proliferate. Lets hope they (LL) keep pounding them out until the site is smooth .. and not just stop partway along like they did with Marketplace.

PS: I also found the panel to manage subscriptions under My Settings. It's a bit non-obvious, but poke around and you can find it (written to those that are reading this to learn, and not those who learned and have posted to answer.)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4794 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.