Forum ranks must go

Laetizia Coronet

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1596 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

10 minutes ago, Talligurl said:

So how many posts past the initial resurrection is a thread considered current again?

It depends.

In this particular case, considering it's about the old forums and that the ranking system doesn't even exist anymore, I'd say even a thousand posts won't do.

• Like 1

Just now, ChinRey said:

It depends.

In this particular case, considering it's about the old forums and that the ranking system doesn't even exist anymore, I'd say even a thousand posts won't do.

But...... I am changing the subject. I am not talking about some irrelevant ranking system, but the important issue of posting in dead and decaying old threads.

• Like 1

Personally, forum Rank means nothing to me. Any Rank Perks could go away and I would *only* miss my custom forum titler (which well-describes me).

What counts to me is a persons “like” rating in relation to their post count and that only counts until I get to know them by reading their stuff.

I appreciate people who put in their time here and in doing so; make themselves helpful to other people.

And they earn that one post at a time, not by any “Rank” or even by rage campaigns 🙂

I don’t need Rank to lend credibility to my opinions, but neither do I resent Rank earned steadily over time and by being a valuable member of this community.

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29984cc66d052ceb4ea9

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AmandaKeen said:

Personally, forum Rank means nothing to me. Any Rank Perks could go away and I would *only* miss my custom forum titler (which well-describes me).

That is the only rank perk that remains actually. All the others vanished when LL moved the forums to another more reliable provider.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChinRey said:

That is the only rank perk that remains actually. All the others vanished when LL moved the forums to another more reliable provider.

Then I consider myself fortunate 🙂. All those times I self-censored so as not to get banned eventually paid off 🙂

1 minute ago, AmandaKeen said:

Then I consider myself fortunate 🙂. All those times I self-censored so as not to get banned eventually paid off 🙂

I still don't understand how people manage to get banned or receive warning points here. I've never achieved either and God knows I've tried!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Maryanne Solo said:

haven't seen anyone pull rank over anyone of late?

what does that mean.  ???   is rank just about how many posts or likes or emo buttions you click ,,, i am alway so confused on the forums ,,,,,, How does  one go that ///pull rank ,,, just wondering  .

2 hours ago, roseelvira said:

what does that mean.  ???   is rank just about how many posts or likes or emo buttions you click ,,, i am alway so confused on the forums ,,,,,, How does  one go that ///pull rank ,,, just wondering  .

I think that those with the title Advisor are better able to gain the ear of the moderators.  You may notice a lack of diversity in the advisors.

Also, having a few posts under one's belt is helpful when the idiological hit squad comes after one with twitteratti techniques. 

Edited by Erwin Solo
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, roseelvira said:

Think old military movie cliches. "Don't make me pull rank on you!" means, more or less, that person is making the threat to order you to do something you don't want to do. On a forum it doesn't have any real meaning other than maybe as threat to report you to whoever holds the administration rank rather than a mod. There are different levels to mods. It's just a threat to go over the heads of the mods.

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Think old military movie cliches. "Don't make me pull rank on you!" means, more or less, that person is making the threat to order you to do something you don't want to do. On a forum it doesn't have any real meaning other than maybe as threat to report you to whoever holds the administration rank rather than a mod. There are different levels to mods. It's just a threat to go over the heads of the mods.

*pulls Neko Lion rank on you and cuddle-murrs*

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, roseelvira said:

I'm sorry Roseelvira I use a lot of slang/made up words & sayings. To "pull rank" - think you are superior than someone else.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1596 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.