FC Hangout makes it to the Destination Guide

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2451 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

There are a lot of great places out there.

A Lot miss out by not submitting their place for inclusion

From the knowledge base ::

Can Residents suggest their own venues for inclusion in the Destination Guide?

Yes! Please visit the Destination Guide Suggestion Page. We value community input and encourage Residents to suggest their own venues.

Maureen Boccaccio wrote:

*smiles*  I wondered why the Hangout had so many new visitors yesterday, all day long!

It was great! 
:)

I agree, Mo! Sure, there were a couple of badly behaved people there last night (but they actually were NOT noobs), but it was awesome to watch folks like Maddy and Ossi patiently helping the shiny new members learn how to dance. :smileyhappy:

Super!  One of the best things about the cartel is the group chat - wonderful resource for general info.  Do we have a prominent group joiner there?

Sites in the DG do indeed get a lot of newbies stopping by.  Is the Cartel HUD working again?  Sure would be great if someone of the more experienced folks could stop by when newbies are around.

If it's not working, there are other ways to do a similar function, tho scalability is tough to achieve.

Nika Talaj wrote:

Super!  One of the best things about the cartel is the group chat - wonderful resource for general info.  Do we have a prominent group joiner there?

Sites in the DG do indeed get a lot of newbies stopping by.  Is the Cartel HUD working again?  Sure would be great if someone of the more experienced folks could stop by when newbies are around.

If it's not working, there are other ways to do a similar function, tho scalability is tough to achieve.

I don't know about a group joiner, but that's a good idea.

About two weeks ago, Slack (the HUD maker, for those who don't know him) sent out a notecard:

Some of you have noticed that the Hangout HUD isn't working.It relies on an external server to send data, my hosting provider is moving the physical location of all their servers (from the East coast to the West coast) so we need to wait for this to be completed.I'll keep the group posted about any developments.

Last night people were wondering if the servers were being moved via Giant Snails...
:P

Sylvia Tamalyn wrote:

Maureen Boccaccio wrote:

*smiles*  I wondered why the Hangout had so many new visitors yesterday, all day long!

It was great! 
:)

I agree, Mo! Sure, there were a couple of badly behaved people there last night (but they actually were NOT noobs), but it was awesome to watch folks like Maddy and Ossi patiently helping the shiny new members learn how to dance. :smileyhappy:

*nods*  Yes, it's true, the misbehaving folks weren't new to SL.  

It was great seeing so many new peeps stop by..and some even stayed for a while! :)

Sylvia Tamalyn wrote:

I haven't been very often but I'm glad I was there last night, that was fun. Although I'm not sure being thrown into the deep frier is a way to learn to dance. Then again, if you dance with Maddy you gotta expect some surprises.

And Sylvia somehow I've not seen your signature before. It is absolutely dead solid PERFECT.

Dillon Levenque wrote:

I haven't been very often but I'm glad I was there last night, that was fun. Although I'm not sure being thrown into the deep frier is a way to learn to dance. Then again, if you dance with Maddy you gotta expect some surprises.

And Sylvia somehow I've not seen your signature before. It is absolutely dead solid PERFECT.

I hope you start coming by more often...we don't deep fry noobs every night, but it's still fun. :smileywink:

And thanks...I actually stole the sig from a friend for my profile. I could not think of any better way to say it myself!

We had a guy stop by this morning who started looking for stuff to complain about.  He went on about the (non-working) HUD being against the law  (his words, not mine) because it was remote monitoring.  He also accused someone who was there for the first time of using a hacked viewer.  Turns out he owns a bar that is not the top of the destinations list.

I do think it is cool we had our little happy shack recognized in the destination guide but if it is going to set us up for harassment from owners of clubs trying to make money, I wonder if it is more of a curse than a reward. 

Rhonda Huntress wrote:I do think it is cool we had our little happy shack recognized in the destination guide but if it is going to set us up for harassment from owners of clubs trying to make money, I wonder if it is more of a curse than a reward. 

Hey, I heard something about this thing called "Red Zone" that you can use to keep undesirables like like that out of the club! Let me see if I can find you the link on Marketplace...

:smileywink:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2451 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.