Co-own a homestead with current problems

Keiara Oh

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4794 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I had a parcel on my homestead, cut it to make it larger, and my traffic reset to 0 and has not updated in 2 days, even with me and others coming around.

Does traffic only record on specific parcel sizes or what? Surely after 2 days it should be higher than 0 as I have friends over often, and freqently.

edit: The traffic on the parcel itself reset to 0 - Not the rest of the sim. Also before i added more land to said parcel it had a traffic limit of about 1,000

When you re-parcel a sim, this is a surefire way to mess up traffic.

It may never update and may stay messed up forever.

There is something about this act of chopping up previously known parcels in the system with traffic on them that makes the system "punish" them.

Maybe because a trick to game the search used to be to chop up parcels even as small as 16 m2 and put key words into them to try to clog up the search engine and drive people to one area.

So the Lindens have fought back on that sort of gaming.

You have to file a ticket and show them the size and location of the lots and convince them that it is a normal practice on your sim and not a gaming technique. It's annoying, I know.

Well I went ahead and just removed the parcel, uniting it back with the entire sim. The traffic now seems to be stuck at 470 and hasnt moved in another day. How often do the traffic counts update?

edit: 470 is what the sim was already at, when I went ahead, and added the parcel back into the sim.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4794 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.