You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3750 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

With the new ranking system it appears to me that there must be some type of behavior associated with the ranks. If you're an upper ranked forumite surely there must be some type of etiquette required. Looking through the KB I didn't see any.

What kind of Role Play will you be doing when you achieve the higher rank? Surely a helper can't be a bully....

PS If a high ranking forumite misbehaves, is their rank reduced? /me wonders how that part works....

I'm hoping someone would just change my rank to Recognized Resident or Resident. Therefore I don't have to live up to the standard of being honourable. It feels like being a peasant but at the same time I must wear my corset, chemise, stockings (and everything else, of course) and fan myself demurely in front of everyone to immitate the upper-crusts.

No, I want my freedom of being a normal resident.. where I don't have to grow up and I can climb up the tree with bare legs and loose clothes, where I can hang around in my 'Off Topic' trees... I will be definitely more than happy to pick a guava or two to share with any wandering, lost and hungry travellers and poets who ventured off to the 'trees' I'm in.

But unless someone RIC'd me or I go and give kudo-able answers in a kudo-able forum, I guess I'm stuck with what I have now and should be thankful somehow...

Suspiria Finucane wrote:

With the new ranking system it appears to me that there must be some type of behavior associated with the ranks. If you're an upper ranked forumite surely there must be some type of etiquette required. Looking through the KB I didn't see any.

What kind of Role Play will you be doing when you achieve the higher rank? Surely a helper can't be a bully....

PS If a high ranking forumite misbehaves, is their rank reduced? /me wonders how that part works....

While I don't see any problems in being a "helper" here on the forums and playing a thief or murderer or so in roleplay inworld, I find Sus' last question reasonable given that this misbehaving occurs inside the forums...

Such as bullying someone, but only here.. Not at roleplay inworld. Thats just roleplay, no more, no less.

@Suspiria: It is almost impossible to differentiate between the functions of most bullies and most teachers. Personally, I am refusing to wear a badge until I have worked out an exploit to revise my title to Dishonorable Member.

Suspiria Finucane wrote:

Ishtara Rothschild wrote:

*edited for harassment*

*edited for harassment*

I am an adult and I consider my forum relationship with Ishtara outstanding.  I think Ishy makes outstanding MATURE posts to this form.  I enjoy all my RP activities with this mature forum personality.

Suspiria Finucane wrote:

Storm Clarence wrote:

Suspiria Finucane wrote:

Ishtara Rothschild wrote:

*edited for harassment*

*edited for harassment*

Hark!  I heard an answer to this OP.  Need we discuss anymore?

Storm Clarence wrote:

Hark!  I heard an answer to this OP.  Need we discuss anymore?

No abusing the moderation process

Honor the moderation process and the decisions made through that process. The following are examples of posts or conduct that abuse the moderation process:
  • Discussing or reposting posts that have been removed
    or locked by the moderator;
  • Posting about the moderator's decisions
    , for example, a post saying "Why did my post get removed?" or "Why didn't you remove this post?"
  • Posting warning letters or letters about suspended or banned Resident accounts;
  • Discussing or posting reports of Resident violations; and
  • Misusing the "Report abuse" function to maliciously or frivolously report content as not in compliance with Linden Lab policy.

Suspiria Finucane wrote:

Thank you moderator for defining harassment. Now it's time to see how justice is served equally.

Isn't 'justice' a dish best served cold?  No, wait, that's revenge.  Justice is swift.  In this case, it was! 

cheer.gif

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3750 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.