How do i get my skin and shape to rez??

Erika Leigh

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4786 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have tried everything from advanced, character, character tests, female, rebaking several times,  It won't let me edit appearance or change shapes or skins.  Says I can't until my shape and skin have loaded.  my avie looks like it's melting.  It's been this way for 2 days now.  HELP

6 answers to this question

also try removing any worn attachments and layers

also try clearing your cache and logging into a different location.

sometimes an item can become corrupted in cache, and the region can also cache this corrupted copy...

enable the "show location on login" option in preferences, and clear cache, then type in the name of a different region that you have not visited revcently when you log in... you may still need to rebake or try the character test afterwards.

if there is still no luck at that point, you should definitely file a ticket, or if you are a premium member contact live chat

You could try this:

Select Debug Settings in the Advanced Menu and click Debug Settings.

Type in RenderUnloadedAvatar

Click Yes and exit Debug Settings.

You may have to relog for this to work.

Hopefully you will now see your avatar rezzed but quite likely Ruthed.

Prepare a folder with copies of your shape, skin, hair and basic clothes in it. Drag the folder onto your avatar and with luck you'll now see yourself ok. You can drag a library avatar folder onto your avatar either.

If what Void suggests and the above fail (you seem to have tried all the other usual remedies), you'll have to seek LL help but if you have Basic membership, there is no help available. You need Premium membership.

Well, I've had skin and clothing texture problems for awhile now, and all I do is rightclick myself and choose edit shape. The avatar goes into that pose, then all the texture will appear correctly, and I close the sidebar. You say you tried everything but this was not in your comments so i thought i would post it.

I have the issue Locke Stormcrow mentioned-

everything rezzes for me except my shape and skin. I look like an invisible person.

I see everyone else's bodies fine, as well as the environment and my prims.

They cannot see body.

Have rebaked multiple times, done the Test Female, tried 3 different viewers, cleared cache, uninstalled, deleted app data folders, reinstalled, gone in edit shape, logged on at different regions.

I'm not having the cloud issue, or the grey issue, just invisible.

The issue only developed this week. Prior, I had no problems.

Anymore suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Twinkle, if you have recently updated your graphics card drivers, try rolling them back, if you haven`t updated them recently, check the makers website for updates & see if that solves your problem.

If that doesn`t work, could you please start your own question thread so that it appears on Page 1 (because this forum doesn`t bump old threads to the top) and you will get far more help that way, rather than be hidden away at the bottom of someone else`s week old question. Thanks :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4786 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.