DARN. You have been logged out of second life.

Orange Fallen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2071 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

This msg keeps on appearing when i try to log in. i tried to tp to different locations for 1 hour in a row but it didnt work out. i tried to log in with my second avatar and it works perfectly. i tried to run 2 different sl with 2 different avatars and i saw my avatar in question  appear for about a min or 2, but it then dissapears and i also cant do anything in that min or two since its showing me a black screen and saying loading world or loading chotles for about two mins and i get no picture. then at then end it just appears: darn. you have been logged out of sl ......

Orange

• Like 1

this sounds like a problem with attachments. first things to try are clear cache, and relog to a location that has scripts disabled (Ahern is one)

to login to s a specific location, open preferences and add a check next to the option "show location on login screen", which will allow you to type in a location.

if you do manage to get inworld, immediately remove all worn items, and then change your skin, hair, and eyes.

if these steps fail, you may need to contact LL to help you via a ticket, or if you are a premium member, live chat.

This exact same thing is happening to me. Right now, i have to use Kirsten's S(20) build 40. No official SL viewers will log me in except v1.23, which can be downloaded at the bottom of that page.

1 of my friends has written a jira for this issue here. --> https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-24990

Please vote, or watching, or comment on it. There are also quite a few more jiras all stating the same thing. Most are somewhat being ignored or LL has not connected the dots yet.

• Like 1

If it isn't attachments, you may have actually chosen an option of logging out in your preferences that have you logging out in a much lower time slot if inactive, and as that would probably start as you log in, it's timing you out too fast. Go to Ctrl P before logging in, and check the General Tab

Then look for away time out, it has a drop down, you can choose never, it may have been moved to two minutes or something.

Fingers crossed.

xoxSasyxox

• Like 1

Had the same problem too... 2 min for loggin, then automatically logged out with the DARN message.

Tried this trick from Whirly Fizzle and THAT WORKED very well for me; logging in is now very much faster and no more disconnection.

To rule this out as the cause, firstly make sure hidden files and folders are set to show, see instructions here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Show-hidden-files
Then browse to C:\Users\[uSERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife
Inside the SecondLife folder, open the folder that is named with the affected accounts name
Inside this folder, look for a file named open_notifications.xml and delete it.

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-24990?focusedCommentId=339059&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-339059

As Auxane said, it's probably the open notifications that are making your viewer crash. But there is an easier way to fix the problem. Just do this:

1. When you get the "Darn. You have been... etc." message, don't click on "Quit". Click on "view IMs" instead.

2. On the upper right corner, you'll see the "Notifications" button: it's a little rectangle resembling an envelope with the number 994 (that's the number of open notifications when the viewer stops counting). Right click on it and click "Close All". You'll need to wait a few seconds until your computer deletes the open notifications. (If your viewer crashes while doing this, try it again in some protected region like Smith. If you still crash, try closing manually a few notifications. But probably you won't need to do any of this.)

3. Quit and relog.

This should fix it. After that you only need to remember closing the open notifications from time to time! :)

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2011 at 1:04 AM, Void Singer said:

this sounds like a problem with attachments. first things to try are clear cache, and relog to a location that has scripts disabled (Ahern is one)

to login to s a specific location, open preferences and add a check next to the option "show location on login screen", which will allow you to type in a location.

if you do manage to get inworld, immediately remove all worn items, and then change your skin, hair, and eyes.

if these steps fail, you may need to contact LL to help you via a ticket, or if you are a premium member, live chat.

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2013 at 9:32 PM, Adur Gaelyth said:

As Auxane said, it's probably the open notifications that are making your viewer crash. But there is an easier way to fix the problem. Just do this:

1. When you get the "Darn. You have been... etc." message, don't click on "Quit". Click on "view IMs" instead.

2. On the upper right corner, you'll see the "Notifications" button: it's a little rectangle resembling an envelope with the number 994 (that's the number of open notifications when the viewer stops counting). Right click on it and click "Close All". You'll need to wait a few seconds until your computer deletes the open notifications. (If your viewer crashes while doing this, try it again in some protected region like Smith. If you still crash, try closing manually a few notifications. But probably you won't need to do any of this.)

3. Quit and relog.

This should fix it. After that you only need to remember closing the open notifications from time to time! :)

I did but there were no 994 messages .. but still it shows darn u have been logged out what should I do

59 minutes ago, xsvx said:

what should I do

never reactivate or respond to these old threads,SL has changed so mush last years, that 7 year old solutions for connection problems don't work often.

You have another thread open, try keep it there, so your answers will also be at one place.

Start in you other thread with posting your system info ( copy it from the help/about menu in your viewer.. don't have to log in, just start the program)

Second Life Release 6.0.0.518579 (64bit)
Release Notes
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4030U CPU @ 1.90GHz (1895.6 MHz)
Memory: 3989 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit (Build 15063)
Graphics Card Vendor: Intel
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4400
Windows Graphics Driver Version: 20.19.15.4642
OpenGL Version: 4.2.0 - Build 20.19.15.4642
Window size: 1366x705
Font Size Adjustment: 96pt
UI Scaling: 1
Draw distance: 128m
Bandwidth: 3000kbit/s
LOD factor: 1.125
Render quality: 3 / 7
Advanced Lighting Model: Enabled
Texture memory: 512MB
VFS (cache) creation time: August 23 2018 00:31:44
J2C Decoder Version: KDU v7.10.4
Audio Driver Version: FMOD Ex 4.44.64
Dullahan: 1.1.1080 / CEF: 3.3325.1750.gaabe4c4 / Chromium: 65.0.3325.146
LibVLC Version: 2.2.8
Voice Server Version: Not Connected
August 23 2018 01:46:04

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2011 at 12:56 AM, Orange Fallen said:
2 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

I dont see it pasted here.  Nobody can help you if you don't paste the info here

I just did it above  why cant u see it

16 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

I can see now.   I am going to guess its your intel graphics card causing your problems but I am sure someone more technical will be along to explain it.

I really need quick help

17 minutes ago, xsvx said:

I really need quick help

As Ethan suggested you probably should start a new post.  Explain exactly what your problem is and paste those specs there too.  More people are likely to see it if its a new thread and not a necro.  In the meantime this could help  http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

As Ethan suggested you probably should start a new post.  Explain exactly what your problem is and paste those specs there too.  More people are likely to see it if its a new thread and not a necro.  In the meantime this could help  http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

what is this blog nalates

52 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

I am going to guess its your intel graphics card causing your problems

adding: lower that bandwith to 900 or even lower, with 3000 your viewer keeps asking for info that doesn't come and can make performance very bad.

Also in case you have also a dedicated graphics card, be sure your machine uses that for SL.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, xsvx said:

what is this blog nalates

look, since we have NO idea what problem you are having because you continue to post on someones 7 year old thread,  that blog link IF YOU READ IT  could help your issue.  Again, start  a NEW thread clearly explain your problem and paste your specs there as you have here. THEN we might be able to better help your problem.  Right now all we have to go on is your first post quoted below

4 hours ago, xsvx said:

I did but there were no 994 messages .. but still it shows darn u have been logged out what should I do

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

look, since we have NO idea what problem you are having because you continue to post on someones 7 year old thread,  that blog link IF YOU READ IT  could help your issue.  Again, start  a NEW thread clearly explain your problem and paste your specs there as you have here. THEN we might be able to better help your problem.  Right now all we have to go on is your first post quoted below

ok but from where can I start a new thread

I know this might be irritating for you....

but I really am new here.... and I know only few things here

anyways thanks for your help yet

15 minutes ago, xsvx said:

ok but from where can I start a new thread

I know this might be irritating for you....

but I really am new here.... and I know only few things here

anyways thanks for your help yet

Home - Forums - Answers  - Technical -  Ask a question ... be clear and concise what your issue is.  Post your specifications as above and wait for someone to come along who can help

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2071 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.