troll customers

Charli Infinity

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3359 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

how do you deal with troll customers that are clearly trying to annoy.

keep asking questions and when answered keeps acting dumb saying "but..."

profile picture is a oddly shaped child default avatar with adult face and prim hair only group in profile is a freebie group.

not a new account . over 5 yrs old. 

Mute and go on with your day.

Extortion only works if you indulge the threat - realistically you're just as likely to get a bad review out of it, but you save stress and - most importantly - time. It also helps remove this dummy's platform - when this tactic fails the opportunists will have to use something other than fear to make their money.

Charli Infinity wrote:

how do you deal with troll customers that are clearly trying to annoy.

keep asking questions and when answered keeps acting dumb saying "but..."

profile picture is a oddly shaped child default avatar with adult face and prim hair only group in profile is a freebie group.

not a new account . over 5 yrs old. 

I, admittedly, have way too much patience for my own good. But, if this were me, I would do the following...

1-Answer all questions to the best of my ability

2-Clarify anything that may be either lost in translation, or confusing

3-If misunderstandings still exist, find out if there is a language barrier

4-If so, find a way to communicate better(ie. use a translator if necessary)

5-Apologize that I could not help further, but still continue to try

6-If it continues, I continue explaining

7-.If we truly get nowhere after hours, or, more likely with me, days, explain that I am not sure I can help any further, but if the customer has any other questions, I'd be glad to help. Kindly ask the customer to put questions in a notecard and send it my way. If they are sincere, they'll do it, if not, this is usually the point they walk away.

8-And this is the most important one for me..and it starts before the very first step, and continues even long after I'm done speaking with the customer...Never assume a person is trolling me until there is absolute evidence to suggest such. I have both been a noob, and dealt with them, on a regular basis. My level of understanding, does not necessarily equate theirs, and I think it's important to remember that. I also never, ever use profiles, or rez dates as some kind of indication of, well, much of anything. People join, leave, and come back years later, all the time. There's nothing wrong with that. I did it myself, and had someone looked at my original av's rez date, decided my questions were annoying and I was trolling them by asking, or being obtuse(when I was not, at the time) I never would have come back to sl. Of course my first two original avs are long gone(2004, and 2006 rez dates, respectively) but, I'm glad someone didn't look at my relatively blank profile, and all my questions when I was struggling with some things, and struggling with understanding, as a simple annoyance, or me trolling them. But, again that kinda goes back with my, very odd, level of patience,. So, mileage may vary. I like giving benefit of the doubt, even long after the benefit is likely due, though. So, I don't expect everyone to do as I do(but, you did ask, what we do, so I am answering what I do, or would do). 

9-If there comes a point when the person is turning into a harrassing bother, I'll implement the block/mute/ignore, and move on. I've rarely run into that though, even from people that I know, were in fact, attempting to get under my skin. Usually they get tired of doing it, long before I do and either admit they were trolling(so, there I'd have proof0 or simply stop. The game, to those making it a game, ends when the person playing gets bored or no longer has a positive outlook on the end game ;) I choose not to give it to them, and sometimes I have to play obtuse to get to that point (ie. pretend I don't know what they're up to). I'm an odd duck though. So, if you get to this point earlier on in the conversation...just go for it, implement the tools you have and go on about your day. There's nothing at all wrong with that, it's why we have the tools to begin with.

Charli Infinity wrote:

marketplace customer not land

keeps iming

i think she's trying to threaten with a bad review unless i pay her

I agree with others; after you have genuinely tried to resolve any real issues with a customer, if they still continue to harass .. or worse they threaten in some form .. then Mute and ignore. If they DO leave a bad review, add a comment to their review and Copy/Paste their threat from the IM into the comment. After that you should flag the entire review so that it can be removed. By having the threat placed in the comment, the LL staffer that handles flagged comments and reviews can read clearly why the review should be removed.

And yeah, this sort of trolling actually has a much more accurate name: Extortion.

And just a point, just because an avi is 5 years old, doesn't mean they've been in SL for 5 years. They may have created the avi and then didn't spend any time inworld and are just now trying SL again. If you haven't seen them, SL has had a big marketing thing on web pages going. A lot of the places I surf now have ads for SL so the player may have decided to dust off the avi and give it another try. We've had several of those lately show up at my store and in some of the groups I'm in inworld.

Just a thought.

weird that im seing you start a lot of threads here with questions then i see that one about you supposedly being trolled by a customer on the MP and when i check the MP, BANG ! you have no store at all.

So unless you have this store with an alt, i think Irihapetti here : http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Merchants/How-much-time-does-it-take-to-create-a-product/td-p/2895728 is right.

You look like a student asking question for a homework.

while i am often ok to answer surveys and help students, i think your hypocrit way to do is dishonest.

Most of the forumers here are hostile to surveys, i know, but this way wont help and just show your immaturity.

You have those now and then. Stay nice and proffesional, log the IM's, base any argument on facts (and not emotions), let the customer review the products(s) and see if it has any merrit. If not, report it (and leave a comment) and let te marketplace team handle it. If that does not take care of the issue then you still have the IM logs that will help your case when you open a support ticket to solve the issue.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3359 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.