Sign in to follow this  
Forgottenx

My attachments keep resetting their position and size?

Question

Sometimes a scripter will code a fixed position and size into a script so that the end user can't mess with the attachment.  It isn't necessarily malicious.  Some scripted objects simply won't work properly if they are resized or moved.  This is especially true with HUDs -- for example, I sell a crosshair rangefinder HUD that must be attached in the center of the screen or it gives totally bogus results -- but the same could be true of other attachments.  Of course, an overly zealous scripter could make an attachment unchangeable even if it didn't need to be too.

Aside from the scripting consideration, some mesh attachments simply cannot be moved or resized at all because they are rigged -- attached to your avatar bone/joint system at specific spots -- and therefore unchangeable.

• Like 1

4 answers to this question

Sometimes a scripter will code a fixed position and size into a script so that the end user can't mess with the attachment.  It isn't necessarily malicious.  Some scripted objects simply won't work properly if they are resized or moved.  This is especially true with HUDs -- for example, I sell a crosshair rangefinder HUD that must be attached in the center of the screen or it gives totally bogus results -- but the same could be true of other attachments.  Of course, an overly zealous scripter could make an attachment unchangeable even if it didn't need to be too.

Aside from the scripting consideration, some mesh attachments simply cannot be moved or resized at all because they are rigged -- attached to your avatar bone/joint system at specific spots -- and therefore unchangeable.

• Like 1

The thing is ALL of my non rigged objects do this, the scripted and non scripted ones, the mesh and non mesh ones, the object will ALWAYS reset to its default position and size (unless i resized it with a script) and its really bothering me.