My attachments keep resetting their position and size?

Forgottenx

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3363 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Having hardcore OCD when I purchase something new I allways like to set a custom position so it looks natural on my avatar, or the position is just not where I want it to be, and when I take it off the position resets! I sometimes have to resize it too and the size ALSO resets, can I stop this? This has never happened before, or maybe I haven't noticed it before, but its really bothering me, please help.

4 answers to this question

Sometimes a scripter will code a fixed position and size into a script so that the end user can't mess with the attachment.  It isn't necessarily malicious.  Some scripted objects simply won't work properly if they are resized or moved.  This is especially true with HUDs -- for example, I sell a crosshair rangefinder HUD that must be attached in the center of the screen or it gives totally bogus results -- but the same could be true of other attachments.  Of course, an overly zealous scripter could make an attachment unchangeable even if it didn't need to be too.

Aside from the scripting consideration, some mesh attachments simply cannot be moved or resized at all because they are rigged -- attached to your avatar bone/joint system at specific spots -- and therefore unchangeable.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3363 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.