troubles being a sl merchant

Charli Infinity

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3358 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You try to sell something with maturity rating "General" but the system insists that it's "Adult". You don't see any adult words in your listing. You spend countless hours in vain trying to find out what causes it to be rated as "Adult".

Linden Lab will not help you because their "Adult" word list is super secret, you're on your own. :smileysad:

If you have 2 XX's together, that can do it, like mesh size XXS, for instance.

One is just finding a way to get your name and product out there. It take time. I also find that all these grid-wide hunts have given a segment of the SL population a false sense of entitlement and idea of what things are worth. They've gotten to where they expect things to be nearly free. A typical outfit can take me 8-10 hours from start to finish,. I don't sell single outfits but applier-friendly clothing with the 2 major systems as well as the system clothes with a minumum of 6-8 color/textures in each set. Have messages come in complaining that 250L is too much...Really? 1USD is too much for 6-8 shirts or pants and $1.50 USD is too much for an outfit with a top, pants, often texture change cuffs to match with 6-8 colors/patterns....sighs.

yeah that false sense of entitlement

these kids..they were not here in the sculpt era when a good sculpt jacket or dress can cost around L$500 and clothes were so much more expensive overall than clothes made with full perm mesh kits now. sculpt boots and shoes can go L$800 a pair. hair was L$250-300 and only 5 colors in a pack now we have more colors in a pack. everything was more expensive and lower quality back then. even L$200 for jacket is considered expensive these days. 

I am basically new as a merchant but I see that sl customers think you are online 24/7 so they demand fast help. But i have not had any real difficult customers. I always give them gifts if they r not happy with something and they are mostly shocked when I do that. Keep your email connected to sl so u can see ur customers Ims.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3358 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.