That's what friends are for...

Suspiria Finucane

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4789 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Last night some of us were watching Lillie Woodells perform at Pannies. Lillie commented how most people were in the back of a huge venue making it look even bigger. Some of us moved to the front of the stage as if we were groupies. Lillie decided to do an impromptu song and asked us to get on stage and dance after we were wise-cracking in the audience.

Here's the result. I had to act fast cuz we didn't know what was going on until she started the song. I fired up the recorder and got some of it.

To me, this is what friends do for each other. If you have an interesting story of you and your friends doing crazy things for a friend, please share it.

PS I had to shoot this in the spur of the moment so I didn't get to use the right settings (music is really loud so turn down the volume) :smileyvery-happy:

Haha  Thank you so much Suzy!  I sound awful, but I don't care, that was so much fun!   I have to say I love how Maddy is kind of out front there in the middle, the set up was absolutly perfect!  And there was no set up!!!  I think it was Quinn that made the comment, "This is where SL really shines"  I was thinking the same thing.  It was my worst sung song of the night but still the best one! 
xxxx

Hugz

Lillie

Those impromptu crazy moments are what SL is all about.  Like the time I was standing in some beautiful, quiet, romantic, scenic setting......all on my own enjoying the sunset.........and out of nowhere a Lancaster bomber crashed into the sea 20 meters away. It all happened too fast to get a pic.

Probably the funniest thing I can recall, was when ( just for a laugh ) myself and some friends showed up on a Gorean sim as daleks.

Nice one Suspiria.

You know I just thought about creating a thread with a title like yours. What would good friends do when bored?... Well, Tem and I had been hopping in and out of places with different costumes or avatars.

This is us in Baroque costumes... those guys at Ambrosia thought Tem was President G. Washington... poor him, he wanted to be King Louie.

monkeying around_004.jpg

and then last 2 nights we have been going in and out of clubs and restaurants sniffing for food and possibly down rating those places for rodent infestations.

T&W SL Finest Restaurant 01.jpg

But sometimes bad things happened to good rode.. I mean people. And the fun was over so soon.It happened when we were about to cross the road at NCI Kuula.

*in this picture* .. Me squeaking: Haalan! Haalaaan! Haaaaaaalllllaaaaaaan!

T&W Roadkill 01.jpg

Willow Danube wrote:

Nice one Suspiria.

You know I just thought about creating a thread with a title like yours. What would good friends do when bored?... Well, Tem and I had been hopping in and out of places with different costumes or avatars.

and then last 2 nights we have been going in and out of clubs and restaurants sniffing for food and possibly down rating those places for rodent infestations.

T&W SL Finest Restaurant 01.jpg

But sometimes bad things happened to good rode.. I mean people. And the fun was over so soon.It happened when we were about to cross the road at NCI Kuula.

T&W Roadkill 01.jpg

This is so great, my ribs are hurting :smileyvery-happy:

Thanks for a big smile!

Oh this is awesome!  Like you Suzy, the funny, crazy moments are the real reason I log in too.  My first trip to hear a real live singer in SL was after my best friend and I had been fishing.  We put on all of our wearable catches, an old tire, pirate hat, snorkle, flippers, and bikini top with men's swim trunks, and poles in hand danced our hearts out.  The singer even did a "fishy" song just for us!  I'll have to dig out pictures later.

We also danced in a freebie place dressed like that, only making our av's more short and stout and turning off AOs.  We got some nice $1L tips from people too!  Not everything in a freebie place is free.  Entertainment is worth every penny you spend! 

:smileyvery-happy:

Here is to creating more rib ache worthy moments!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Willow Danube wrote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tem Haalan shakes his head
... that evening did not end well.....

Willow, you forgot to mention the day we protested for peace on the forums just before the old GD forum closed down.....

T&W - Peace.jpg

*Picture inspired by Valerie Inshan's "Your movie star and you: pic thread"

Oh, I love it! What a quick thinker you were to catch this on video, Suzy. All I got was some still photos. I'm way overdo for uploading photos to Flickr, in fact. I will try to make time for that this weekend.

I had a great time last night. It was wonderful to hang out with friends, and Lillie, you were fantastic!

Lillie Woodells wrote:

Haha  Thank you so much Suzy!  I sound awful, but I don't care, that was so much fun!   I have to say I love how Maddy is kind of out front there in the middle, the set up was absolutly perfect!  And there was no set up!!!  I think it was Quinn that made the comment, "This is where SL really shines"  I was thinking the same thing.  It was my worst sung song of the night but still the best one! 

xxxx

Hugz

Lillie

While I absolutely agreed with that comment, it wasn't me who said it. I think it was Suzy!

I just joked that I had always wanted to be a backup dancer, and the next thing I knew, we were all on stage. :smileyhappy:

Thank you Quinn!  Credit where credit is due!!!  At times it is difficult to follow the conversation while I'm singing, otherwise I end up laughing during the song, or totally botching the words.  Thank you for keeping me straight!  :D

I have been thinking about last night off an on all day at work and it keeps brining a smile to my face.  It still amazes me how we can meet people from all over the world, who have totally different views and opinions then we do, and still embrace them as true friends.  I feel blessed to have friends like you, Maddy, Suzy, DQ, and all the others who I've met through this forum and the grid. 

I am planning to do some work on that track, so the sound quality is better, and practice it so my singing doesn't peel the wallpaper from the walls, and make it the final song of each performance when my girls are in attendance!  So be prepared to climb up on stage with me!  

~hugz~

Suspiria Finucane wrote:

To me, this is what friends do for each other. If you have an interesting story of you and your friends doing crazy things for a friend, please share it.

Great video Suspiria and a nice thread. I didn't watch it earlier because I was at work. Just logged on this evening and decided to have a look... bought a smile to my face. You and Quinn make excellent back-up dancers
!

Sassy you did us proud. It's a great video.

These moments are SL at it's best.

It starts with someone saying we look like backup dancers, someone said get up there and that was it. Lillie you are a great sport thanks for allowing us to trip around behind you.

Suspiria, Quinn, Maddy and Jen thanks for the great moment.

If you would be so kind Lillie please submit your singing schedule to Maddy or Susy so we casn get our costumes ready.

The Lilliettes have been born.

36.gif

Tem Haalan wrote:

Suspiria Finucane wrote:

Great video Suspiria and a nice thread. I didn't watch it earlier because I was at work. Just logged on this evening and decided to have a look... bought a smile to my face. You and Quinn make excellent back-up dancers
!

Thanks Tem :smileywink:

Maybe you can round up some men so Lillie can do a cover of this...:smileyvery-happy:

DQ Darwin wrote:

Sassy you did us proud. It's a great video.

These moments are SL at it's best.

It starts with someone saying we look like backup dancers, someone said get up there and that was it. Lillie you are a great sport thanks for allowing us to trip around behind you.

Suspiria, Quinn, Maddy and Jen thanks for the great moment.

If you would be so kind Lillie please submit your singing schedule to Maddy or Susy so we casn get our costumes ready.

The Lilliettes have been born.

36.gif

/me blushes...hehe I really wanted to capture the moment for the future when I am in need of a good smile :smileyhappy:

PS Please share this with Jen :smileywink:

Suspiria Finucane wrote:

Tem Haalan wrote:

Suspiria Finucane wrote:

!

Thanks Tem :smileywink:

Maybe you can round up some men so Lillie can do a cover of this...:smileyvery-happy:

Oh, I'm sure he could round up some hunky katana boys down at the school he is in. I can think of a few of the guys on my list too... that is if I can persuade them to wake up at ungodly hours to become the 'Candy boys'.

Willow Danube wrote:

Oh, I'm sure he could round up some hunky katana boys down at the school he is in. I can think of a few of the guys on my list too... that is if I can persuade them to wake up at ungodly hours to become the 'Candy boys'.

If they all look as good as Tem does in his forum avatar pic, I'll be there to watch them get their turn as Lillie's backup singers. :smileyhappy:

Hahaha  I am TOTALLY in!  I'll see if I can find the track for it, and start practicing so this time I won't sound as if someone skinning a cat alive.  I go "Ick" every time I hear it, but I love watching that video.

Someday I'll tell the Dancing Queen story if my sl "dad" will let me.  hahah

xxx

almost forgot, here is my calendar

https://www.google.com/calendar/render?tab=mc&pli=1&gsessionid=lc2cxxYUxx300fh7dCrNNQ

Lillie Woodells wrote:

Hahaha  I am TOTALLY in!  I'll see if I can find the track for it, and start practicing so this time I won't sound as if someone skinning a cat alive.  I go "Ick" every time I hear it, but I love watching that video.

Someday I'll tell the Dancing Queen story if my sl "dad" will let me.  hahah

xxx

I'm not sure who you replied to but I'll throw in my 2L

If you do it and get some guys, I'll be there to video it :smileytongue:

PS If you need a blonde for Dancing Queen, I have the perfect hair... hehe

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4789 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.