can I still deed my sim to group?

dieselaffair

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3367 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm new to running a sim community , and I wasn't aware i need to  deed my sims to the group, in order to allow managers certain controls on the land , or for residents to set media etc.

I just attempted to deed one parcel and everything on that parcel was returned ?and wow was she upset ... and I'm now scared to deed the entire sim to the group in fear all my residents will have things returned and log into an empty town.

What are my options?

2 answers to this question

Ooops.

Your land impact allowance is calculated on the basis of the total amount of land that you own in the region, even if it is in several disconnected parcels.   So, you might have, say, 5 parcels of equal size that have a total land impact allowance of 1000.  Suppose that you don't build anything on four of the parcels, but you put 900 prims on the fifth one.  That's perfectly allowable.  You're just spreading the impact of those 900 prims over your entire land holdings.

Now, suppose that you deed that fifth parcel to someone else, or to a group.  It no longer belongs to you, so you can't count it in your total land impact allowance.  In fact, it only has its own 200 L.I. allowance.  But ... uh-oh .... it already has 900 prims on it.  WAY over the allowance.  The servers will return 700 prims.

So, the lesson is that if you intend to deed land to a group, always be sure that the land has a high enough L.I. allowance all by itself to handle the prims that are already on it.  If not, then either move some of the prims first or forget about deeding the land.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3367 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.