Problem with Maitreya Lara body

Frenchbraided

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3374 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone.  I'm hoping somebody can help me.  I've tried for days to get the Maitreya Lara body installed, and for some reason I am getting wierd blotchy patches showing through.  I've started over a number of times with a new stock avatar, cleared my cache, tried several different viewers, and just can't seem to figure out what the problem is.

I'm new to this but have found several tutorials I have been trying to follow, and can't see where I am doing anything differently.  

I did also purchase the Esode Danielle Skin & Naomi Shape, which has the Maitreya Mesh Body Lara applier, but haven't been able to figure that one out either.  I'm thinking the issue possibly has something to do with the skin possibly?

I've linked to an image of the avatar with the problem, along with a list of the items being worn.  I would greatly appreciate it if somebody could point me in the right direction.

http://s10.photobucket.com/user/frenchbraided/library/?sort=3&page=1

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can offer!

First thing to do is put on the Maitreya Mesh Body - Alpha which hides the original second life base skin, then put on your Lara HUD and go to the Alpha & Layers tab and choose - Show all.After you have done that go to your selected skin with the applier in it,wear the applier which will appear on your screen as hud button usually..and press it.This should apply the skin to the now revealed Lara body.

This should solve your problems :)

This looks very much as if you haven't got 'basic shaders' checked to me. If I uncheck it my side, my maitreya lara looks very similar to your image. 

I don't know about other viewers, but to find that setting in Firestorm go to Avatar, preferences, graphics, general and its on the check list to the left. 

Hope this helps!

• 2 weeks later...

What Belladonna said. It definitely looks like a graphics issue to me. 

First to rule out a driver update, set your graphics to high or ultra and see if it goes away. I have similar issues if I set my graphics too low. If that doesn't fix it then definitely update your graphic/video card drivers. If that DOES fix it, if your computer lags too much with the high/ultra graphics, just bring it down a notch until it happens again and go back up, and one by one disable the things you don't need until you find what triggers it and keep that thing on or off (whichever fixes it).

• 2 months later...

I'm having the same problems and I've done everything suggested. I even changed the Windlight to the blingly bright Nam's Optimal Skin 1 and the problem still remains and I can see it on every mesh avatar. I updated the driver, reapplied the skin, fiddled with the settings and set it to Ultra. None of it has removed the problem, only slightly lessened it. Any other suggestions would be great.

• 5 weeks later...

Astarte Lectar wrote:

Hi sweetie, I had exactly the same problem...tried everything like you, but one day a passing girl said i should check I had the Maitreya Alpha on. I checked and i didn't! *duh* So, I adde

Yes...thats what I thought too but I noticed in her photo (the second one next to her avi) that it said...mesh body-alpha

ArreYavienar wrote:

I should have come back and mentioned that I managed to get it fixed. It was a driver issue. 

YES...good to follow-up. Glad it was easy fix. 

Im very happy with my 'Lara' especially with her feet and hands. Well especially her feet as I dont change height now when wearing heels and so easy to walk around bare feet too. 

And you dont have to buy shoes from Maitreya ...lots of cheaper ones in marketplace now and more designers are making for this model. 

• 1 year later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3374 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.