Rapid group building

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4792 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

That does sound like fun!  Of course the tools don't make group building really easy, unless everyone belongs to a Group, and you use Share With Group or something (which has its own oddities).

The Virtual Artists Alliance has something vaguely like this; in the Haiku Speedbuilds, a bunch of random people get together and in 50 minutes each one builds their own interpretation of a haiku that is revealed at the start.  See f'rinstance:

http://bletaverse.com/u/special-jewell

It's in some sense competitive (there are prizes) rather than "everyone working on the same thing".  On the other hand everyone always looks at each other's things, and talks and makes silly jokes and generally has a good time together, so it's group-building in that sense at least...

I've been involved in a couple projects like this.

A group of friends and I in one case did a full sim makeover from the ground up. It took us about 10 days, if I remember right. It didn't have much in the way of a theme beyond a few specific builds set up along certain lines, and a requirement for romantic and explorable spots throughout. What made it all the more special was once finished, it only lasted a week or so before the sim was reset. 

It can definitely be fun. Keep in mind that some people want a blank canvas while others need detailed architectural plans to work off of. In other words,  have an overall goal in mind, but be prepared to be as open with it as you can.

I agree, it would be fun. Each person doing what they do best. I've met some great builders and have a few people in mind who've expressed interest in a group build.  

We need

1. Plan

2. Land

3. Builder's Group

4. Terrian editor

5. Roads / support structures

6. Construction builders

7. Texturer / designers

8. Scripters

9. Landscapers

10. Decorators

11. Lighting

12. Detail builders

13. Furniture makers

14. Group managers

15. Time

feel free to add to the list.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4792 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.