login issues

Roxanne Remex

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4773 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

when i attempt to log in I get this message

"darn you ahve been logged out of second life

this region may beexperiancing trouble

please check you connection to the internet.

I haave tried logging into differant reigions and no luck I have used a differant connection to the internet and stil no luck I need som ehelp.

9 answers to this question

When you say you have tried a different connection what do you mean?....Same router, different computer?....completely different computer & connection?

Try clearing your cache and restarting your computer, switching off your router too and leaving it off for a few minutes before reconnecting.

I'm not sure I can see all the posts in this thread... things are out of order...

Whatever, check your connection using a site like http://www.speedtest.net.

If you were trying to login Tueday or Wednesday morning then the problem can be the rolling restarts and just bad luck on your part. But by 10 Am and certaily by noon those issues are gone.

Try loging into an area like Pooley (Linden Land, little stuff there, few people, good toubleshooting login location).

We are assuming you are using the current SLViewer. If you are using an older viewer you, especially a TPV, you may be getting bounced for using a blocked viewer. I'm not sure what error message one is supposed to get in that case.

Also, we don;t know if you are WIndows or Mac. Either way open your sytem monitors to see how much CPU is being used. If the viewer is pegging the computer at 100% cpu use, which happens, the viewer is likely missing the handshakes for logon.

Whenever a viewer goes nuts a computer reboot is a good idea. As already suggested restart the Internet Modem too.

This exact same thing is happening to me. Right now, i have to use Kirsten's S(20) build 40. No official SL viewers will log me in except v1.23, which can be downloaded at the bottom of that page.

1 of my friends has written a jira for this issue here. --> https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-24990

Please vote, or watching, or comment on it. There are also quite a few more jiras all stating the same thing. Most are somewhat being ignored or LL has not connected the dots yet.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4773 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.