Viewer for Windows 7/XP

CrossedChaos

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3351 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

When I open Second Life Viewer, my character doesn't show up. Only the username. Objects and other people's characters are very glitched out. and sometimes do the same thing. I got a brand new custom made gaming computer and it nhasn't had problems with anything else except for this. Help?

4 answers to this question

CrossedChaos wrote:

When I open Second Life Viewer, my character doesn't show up. Only the username. Objects and other people's characters are very glitched out. and sometimes do the same thing. I got a brand new custom made gaming computer and it nhasn't had problems with anything else except for this. Help?

New AMD video card drivers don't support the OpenGL calls Second Life uses; their older drivers do, however. If you have an AMD video card the best solution is to install the OpenGL information from an older driver version into the Second Life directory. More info and techniques listed here:

https://modemworld.wordpress.com/2014/12/09/latest-amd-catalyst14-12-drivers-continue-sl-rigged-mesh-woes/#comment-40190

If it's brand new, the first thing I'd do is update all the relevant drivers, and ensure that you're downloading them from the appropriate manufacturers' websites rather than from Windows.    I don't know what Windows do to their Nvidia drivers, but they certainly don't work with Nvidia GPUs anything like as well as Nvidia's drivers do, and I suspect the situation is similar for other GPUs and their drivers.

Certainly all the current viewers run well on Windows 7.  As  KarenMichelle says, we need to know a bit more about your computer to help.   Also it would help to know something about your connection -- if you're on a bad wireless connection, that would explain a lot.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3351 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.