Sign in to follow this  
dd Temin

Server Deployments

To Oskar Linden:

Will you be posting the weekly  server deployment details  here?  or  only on the  wiki?  

Well, I will watch this space with interest,  because so far this "New Platform" seems to be just another Linden Lab whitewash.

It's the community who make the community section.

I'm sure oskar might post some data on the server deploys or maybe not, time will tell.

Anybody on the beta grid mailing list could always just post the latest info here also.

@ Digital

The point, that I suspect dd.temin is trying to make, is that since the return of this communication platform, it is a long way from clear where Oskar and the Release Team will post the announcement of the weekly rolls.

It is not even clear that they WILL post information on these rolls, especially after the borkage of the past 2 weeks.

FWIW these new erm...blogs do not render properly on IE8, which, outside the US, a lot of folk use, and searching is difficult.

Now LL may well be trying in some ways to improve its image by communicating better with its customers, but my verdict so far is EPIC FAIL, at least in regard of this platform.:smileysad:

Certainly does not look promising does it, but you are right it does appear to be white, whether that is sympolic of a "whitewash" or just a vast emptiness on the part of LL's will and ability to create only time will tell.  Still, for now I think we have reached a truly Orwellian status of communication thorugh non-communication and if that continues it does not bode well for Linden Lab or its players.