How to keep group titles off the display name

ral61

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3375 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

As I joined a group, the title is added to the display name. 

As I "removed" the group title, I found out it's to (leave) the group, while taking off the group title from the display name.

How can you "stay" with the group while taking off its name, to keep the display name "clear".

3 answers to this question

Hi ral,

You can't activate a group and not show its group tag to those who've enabled seeing them. It may be that you can chose between several roles at your membership level in the group. Right click your avatar, then select "My Groups". Right click the desired group name and select "View Info". You'll get a window your current title. You may be able to select a different one from the drop down menu, and one of those may be blank, or more to your liking.

If your role in the group allows you to create new roles (you'll find that in Roles & Members, where you'll be able to click the "New Role" button, you can create one with any title you desire.

Absent those possibilities, you're only recourse is to leave the group or contact the group owner and ask for a blank title.

Good luck!

ETA: It appears I was overthinking this, I believe Theresa and Ariel have your answer.

;-).

• Like 2

Open your group list and choose the option at the very top, that says "none." You'll stay a member of the group, but there will be no group tag floating above your avatar. 

To reactivate a tag, which you may have to do for a variety of reasons, go back to your group list and choose the group you want to wear the tag for, then choose "Activate" on the side.

• Like 4

If your goal is to stop showing the group title in your viewer, you can:

1) Go to "Groups" and set your active group to "None". You'll still stay in any groups you're currently in but there won't be a group tag, and nobody else will see the tag for your avatar either. However, for some things you'll need to have a certain group active in order to have certain group privileges.

2) You can go to "Preferences" - "General" and de-select "Group Titles" - this will turn off display of all group titles in your viewer. You'll need to remember what group you have active at any given time yourself then. Also, this won't affect how anyone else sees your avatar.

• Like 6

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3375 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.