Sign in to follow this  
lolashwrites

Looking to get into RP - Any tips?

Hi there,

So I've been looking at getting into some RP. I've been looking at different ones and so far things like Syn City or steampunk or ancient Greece/Rome all look interesting. I'm pretty open to stuff, but I don't really know how to get started. I'd like to see people RP so I can get sort of an idea. I've been visiting a lot of sims and reading over their rules which is easy enough - but then I don't really know where to go from there. 

Anyone have some tips? Or are current RPers who can help me get started?

Hi there.  Breaking into SL roleplay can be intimidating if you don't know how it works or what's expected.  I would suggest finding a sim that will allow you to observe others rp.  Hang out, watch people play, learn how it works.  When you're ready to start, people will already know you, so it'll be easier.  

I would suggest checking out Lightbridge.  It's a new medieval sim, and everyone is very friendly and willing to help.  Even if you decide the sim/genre is not for you, you'll be among good teachers.  It's active after 4pm SLT.  I'd give you other suggestions, but it's the only sim I'm familiar with.  

Hi, I so really want to try out the steampunk RP myself, I did try a fantasy RP once with fairies, elves etc. & an Arbian Nights one & I just didn't know what to do once inside, I felt lost, everyone was involved in their game & I was just standing around lol  if you would like some company checking one please message me. 

Alba x