age verification doesn't work

Hanie Benelli

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4792 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm from Belgium and the age verification doesn't seems to work for me. I've tried different numbers. My acount is age verified and i've set my preferences to moderate, 'G' 'M' and 'A'. Ican enter  most places but i got refuced because 'I'm not age-verified' Can anyone help me?

4 answers to this question

When you say your account is age verified, do you mean you went through the verification process whereby you have to provide something like your passport number for verification, or are you account authorised by virtue of having payment information used?

It sounds to me like you might be verified through having payment info used which will get you to most adult land. However, there is a small set of landowners who have chosen to additional restrict their land to "age verified only" which means you can only access if you have done the full age verification process.

If you haven't already try age verifying here: https://secondlife.com/my/account/verification.php?lang=en-US

If you are having problems using your information here to age verify you may need to contact support to age verify manually. Raise a support ticket here if that is the case:

https://support.secondlife.com/contact-support/

There is also lots more about age verification in the knowledgebase here:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Age-verification/ta-p/700021

You have payment info on file so your account is "Account Verified" this would explain why your maturity rating is Adult and why you can get into most places.

Are you sure that Age Verification worked? Does it say on your account on the website that you are verified? If not, try doing the age verification process again, unless you only did it withing the last 3 days, in which case it may be that its just not activated yet.

I'm having the same problem. Aristotle Inc., the company that does the actual verification, does not have access to European data as they are protected. A nion-governmental entity cannot see them, therefore Aristotle cannot verify anything. They don't tell you that - instead they let you send your data over and over again. Something which is not a good idea in any situation.

Raising a support ticket like Suella says? The Lab says there is a special ticket, but I never found it. Plus, you need to have a paid account to raise tickets, if I remember correctly. The Lab also offers a survey but the link takes you back to the startup screen for the verification process. It just does not work.

FWIW ... I think There could be an issue here .. I age verified years ago (UK driving license) I also have payment info on file as well ... However today I hit a ban line on mainland saying I was not age verified .. when I go to the web page I just see the form to fill out (again) ..

Has the database borked ???

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4792 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.