Is there a glitch with Group Insignia?

Yasyn Azemus

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3367 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello everybody!

Recently, inworld, I was looking in my list of groups, and saw the tiny preview of one of my group's insignia not looking familiar. Upon further inspection, I opened the group window and saw the insignia had CHANGED?! It somehow changed to Whore Couture's logo (it's red and black). I have no affiliation with that event/clothes group and do not own the texture and have never changed my group's texture ever. I looked around who else has the "change group insignia" ability in the group, but they are all my trusted friends. I asked each and every one of them if they had any information about it, but no one had touched the group insignia. For some it wouldn't rez and it would remain gray. I thought maybe someone was trolling us and had left the group to cover their tracks, so there wasn't much else I could do but just change it back. 

I left it at that and didn't think more about it. That was Saturday or so.

Today (Monday), I log in, and see that two more of my groups that I happen to be in, that their texture has changed, too??? HOW? And it's the SAME texture (the Whore Couture logo). I am starting to wonder if it is just.. client sided somehow? But when I shared the secondlife website link to the group profile to my friends, they saw the same image as I was seeing as well. I tried to find the common link between the three groups, and the only common member between all three is myself, but my account is not in jeopardy at all. I have owner rights in all three groups, but this hasn't happened to all groups I am owner of as their images have remained intact, so I don't think it is "me." 

I don't understand how the group insignia could have changed randomly. Someone has to click "Save" to save the changes. Or how is it possible the group picture is sourcing from the wrong picture? I've cleared my cache, done clean install, but the picture is there and on SL's website when searching groups. How is this possible? Anyone else seen something like this? I do not understand how this specific texture is perpetuating itself in groups like this. I even checked the uploader of the texture, but the avatar it links back to seems to be a legitimate account with a business and presence in SL.

5 answers to this question

I'm curious about this as well. I just noticed this morning that two of my private groups had the same insigna changed to the Whore Courture.. I blanked it back out and changed my passwords but how would anyone have access to a group that only has two members and isn't public to join?  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3367 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.