What do you hope to accomplish in your SL life that you cant in your RL?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1890 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ok..ok so we have a RL. Maybe we just wanted a time for ourselves to avoid the kids, the barfing cat, the screaming creditors, the spilled milk on the floor and the worms your kids put in the living room couch. The husband or bf who thinks that folding laundry is a women’s job and thinks a full course meal is hot dogs in the microwave or Pizza from Dominos. Yes yes….we KNOW.

There are some people who simply cannot have it all. We get angry and jealous over stupid things, we act out. We look around at our lives and look at others walking past and think “She or he is so lucky . They have kids, a life, a house, family, friends, is rich, is successful, sweet, everyone loves them.” Face it, we all have those human thoughts. What if we have a phobia, a pet peeve, or deathly scared of something? Would our SL help us get over it? Could we? Would we even dare?

Some of us are indeed unable to have it all. I know a few people who are sick in RL. They don’t have the time or ability to go out and have a normal life. They come to SL to live a bit and further their creativity. We come here to experiment and live out a fantasy however light or dark it might be. Others use it to help themselves. Others simple cant sleep so our mind wanders and we cant shut it off. How delightful it is to find someone  in the same café at 3am in the morning  by the beach, drinking a hot chocolate, who cant sleep. I recently ran into a girl at a beach who simple told me in tears “I cant sleep I just cant you know its like its..my mind wont shut off!” I turned to her and asked the forbidden. “Bipolar?” She turned and said “OMG. Yes so you know..OMG.. Yes you have it too?” she was a bit frantic. I nodded all too now reassured I was normal again.
        We find a likeness in strangers and our friends and we find bonds and so then we build. We are reassured by others that have the same ideas, thoughts and fantasies that as new SL people we too have lives we want to create or have. We  escape into the light or the darkness.

Some of us want to escape our crazy lives in  RL. We go about finding love and defining it the way we want or the way it isn’t always in RL. We want the “perfect life, the dream”. After seeing most of what there is to see in SL we simple decide to settle down and relax. From crews, to roleplay, to guns, to designing, from the playboy pictorials, to the fights, to experimenting to the sexually deviancy. We all do it.
        What we cant have out ‘”there” we can create or have “here”. We are damn well going to mastermind it. We deserve it. We made it. We love it. We want it! Others work out what will never be accepted in RL. Others learn and begin again like RL was never there. We can accomplish dreams here. We can create the world that’s in our minds. And we can never be ashamed of who we are because after all this is our Second Life..

I have already accomplished a few things in SL that I have not in RL.  I have modeled, trained models, and co-founded an agency.  I have been and am currently a DJ at one of the top clubs in SL.  I have owned and manged a diverse portfolio of properties.

Your world.  Your imagination.

I love the chance to explore my own limits in different ways.

I been around SL since 2006 with different avatars and reasons. My fist avatar was just curious about what was that, and ended with a broken heart. Then wanted to explore being in a different way than I am, and made an account just to roleplay. My third account, a couple years later went about exploring my sex fantasies.

After some time, I find myself a bit scared or broken hearted, or merely stressed, and I delete the account.

I said myself never again! but HERE I am! I say the blender tutorials for second life, had quite a collection of textures in my hd, and couldn't resist the temptation of making an account once again, just to test how I would do as buider.

I've had quite a diverse life in SL.  From being a Police Officer on the Irukandji continent, to owning a lot of land and prims, to owning two boys for over a year and now just being me and creating things for myself.  I do a lot of exploring and enjoy landscaping my parcel (it's never done).  All of these things I can't do in RL.  So, I feel that I've accomplished a lot in my just short of 3 years in SL. 

Garrett Laramide wrote:

Rioko Bamaisin wrote:

Garrett Laramide wrote:

To sit in poses impossible to achieve with the human body while consuming beverages from open containers that never spill.

This.

Oh, and to worship Rioko's boots.

Well your alt is my "yes" man after all.Every one needs a yes man who worships boots.

I have done loads and loads of things over the past 3+ years in SL that I could never have done in RL. From building amazing (as in completely architecturally unsound) houses etc to being a stripper (coughs) to owning a few cool clubs and venues and some RP too.

My main achievement though has been in making friends from far flung places and the effect they have had on my RL - supporting me through stuff I could never discuss with most RL acquaintances and sharing some of the best of times with me.

This is what keeps me in SL - meeting people, hearing stories and letting go of the worries of RL for just a wee while. SL is what I do instead of watching TV and it's far far better.

:smileyhappy:

It is always good to have a reminder of the diverse individuals enjoying second life. It gives me some satisfaction with modern technology that people can have fun in many ways. In awe of you Matty :) Enjoy~!  

ps: I mucked up the darn quote *rolls eyes

I can build things in SL while in RL I can't even drive a nail.

Socialize with people, in RL I have quite a bit of social anxiety in SL it's a lot easier to walk up and say hello.

I've also accomplished skydiving off of just about anything I can get up on.  So I suddenly show up on top of your skybox don't worry I probably just landed on it after jumping off the one above you, I'll be leaping off of yours in short order.  If you see me landing with my chute on feel free to ask how many things I hit on the way down.

Edited for bad spelling....

Im very new here, but I hope to fly, which I already have in second life :P all I have to do is hold page up button.

I also hope to do things not possible in rl, such as being creaturs other than humans, which unfortinately I cant really do atm since I lack the Lindens needed. So... there is my goal.

Ive never been creative in RL, cant draw/paint/play music, but Ive loved building bits and pieces in SL.

I even made some money out of it once but then it all got a bit like RL with customers and stuff!

I have many unfulfilled ambitions in SL and RL and look forward to embracing some of them as I get to grips with being a re-newbie

A/Z

• 7 years later...

Well since being on SL. I managed to buy my first car because of it and some other things. I'd like to perhaps meet someone from SL (I haven't done that yet). I'd like to make enough to have a steady income but hit a road block in marvelous designer. However, I feel hopeful and am happy with things now.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1890 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.