Sign in to follow this  
Venus Petrov

A Private subforum in our future??

I am at the SL Community Tools User Group meeting right now and asked about an Adult subforum, perhaps based upon age-verification.  It was suggested they might setup a Private area which would essentially accomplish the same thing..where we could discuss edgier topics away from those who should not or would wish not to participate.

Blondin Linden has been targeted to check into this.

Awesomesauce!

ETA: to correct spelling of Blondin's name...NOT Blondie. 

That is how they could better manage forumites. With privileges and exclusions. Allow those who ask, to join the Debating Club within whose unwindowed walls the darker discussions would take place - out of sight of the general public and away from the prying eyes of the immature - regarding such essential issues as BDSM, yiffing, heightism and how Goreans might come out of the cupboard. Then, if anybody demonstrates that they can't cope with the existence of an opposing viewpoint, rescind their membership and force them to revert to posting 'shopped images of their alts in the vanity threads for the approbation of those who would prefer to explore shoe sales than the gender issues of dragons - not that they have any, naturally. I can not get to the relevant office hours, but if you want to take up any of my ideas please feel free to do so. Keep the kudos you receive as well.

Didn't you get the memo Qie? Debbie Harry has bought in to LL and is taking an executive role - and even at her age, she could get hands-on with me anytime!

Cato Badger wrote:

Didn't you get the memo Qie? Debbie Harry has bought in to LL and is taking an executive role - and even at her age, she could get hands-on with me anytime!

I most definately had "Heart of Glass' running through my head at the time I posted.

/me laughs and apologizes to Blondin

Cato Badger wrote:

I met Debra Harry many times.  We use to play pinball in the basement of CBGB's.  Those were the days.  I was re-introduced to her again later in life.  

Great idea! We could really use an adult section over here. I bet that would pay off for LL too. I've bought countless things on the Marketplace after I saw them or read about them on the forum.

Great idea Venus. In fact essential to make the forum live again. At the moment it is somewhat crippled by inhibition (i have already had a violation warning for using a rude word which was not directed at a person but was just a word). No one dares be too critical of a post in case it turns into an argument and then a row and then an abuse ban. The result is we have quite a nice platform here for talking to one another but not an awful lot to talk about.

Sandra Frascati wrote:

Great idea Venus. In fact essential to make the forum live again. At the moment it is somewhat crippled by inhibition (i have already had a violation warning for using a rude word which was not directed at a person but was just a word). No one dares be too critical of a post in case it turns into an argument and then a row and then an abuse ban. The result is we have quite a nice platform here for talking to one another but not an awful lot to talk about.

I was incredulous when I heard that a word that represents a part of the female anatomy and taken from a biology textbook (i.e.., not slang) was considered a 'no-no' in a post.  We must have a place where words like this can be used and no one's knickers will get in a twist about it.  Particularly since these subforms are set up so that no one need 'expose' themselves to something they may not wish to read.  Like choosing to not read a particular book or see a film.