Skins for Maitreya Lara

bethany223

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3371 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi!

Sorry I feel like this has probably been asked a bunch of times, and I have looked at the other posts but I'm still a little confused about the whole Omega thing. So I just got the Lara body which I really like and want to shop for skins for it. So am I getting it right that I don't need to be looking for appliers exactly for this body but ones that have Omega? I'm not totally sure what that even is.

In the end I mostly want to know what skin stores I can shop at that have appliers for this body.

Thank you!

Skins supporting the Omega Hud will apply to the Maitreya Lara body, via the Omega Hud as a relay, but not sure if that will include feet or hands.

There are plenty of skins that will apply directly to the Matireya Body already... League, Sinful Curves, ^^Swallow^^, Ohh-la-licious, Isodel, Lumae, Lookatme, Deluxe Body Factory, .: Soul:. etc etc... Just search for "Maitreya Lara" in the Avatar Components section of Marketplace.

Since there is plenty of choice, I would stick with an applier specifically for the maitreya body for a skin. I tried a few and the League one I am happiest with.

The Omega relay is great for clothes layers, the ones I have bought apply perfectly.

Thank you so much! I tried out the League one and I loved it. I actually had some old League skins I used to love but stopped using for a while, so now I'm back to them. The only final thing I'm missing is my body freckles. Any ideas of anyone who makes body freckles ina way that would work with this body?

Omega will apply the feet and hands for Maitreya. But pay attention to the nipples - you will quickly discover that many skin makers can't figure out where a woman's nipples are located... :P

Maitreya doesn't have the ability to apply a separate nipple layer, so if your favorite skin maker can't tell the difference between a nipple and a german tank, which seems to be a common problem, that skin might have an applier, but it won't look very good. If its at all off-center, it may "stretch" abnormally and pop out of clothing that it would not have popped out of on the system avatar. But even if not - the skin is suddenly de-facto PG-only because you'll look silly otherwise with four nipples...

(with Belleza you can hide this by using their nipple layer, and only the edges of the bad skin's nipple with show coming through under it.)

I know this is about the Maitreya mesh body but it's roughtly on same subject except it's for the Belleza mesh body. I guess I must be slow on the uptake here but would appreciate some help. I read a blog with instructions on how to use the Omega system but I don't quite understand it. In it it says get the Omega system for Belleza, did that. Then it says to wear it. Then she says it comes with a relay hud. Well I don't see any Relay Hud. Have I bought the wrong thing? Am so confused. Thanks in anticipation for any help.

For Belleza, the Omega is an installer....in other words, Tricky put the Omega listener scripts in the body but they aren't active. You wear the Omega installer and click it. It turns on the Omega scripts. When Belleza first came out, it used the relay system like Maitreya uses. You had to wear the relay all the time. The last update, Tricky decided that was clunky and put the script into the body so now all you have to do is wear the installer and click it. The Banned body works the same way. One click, and you're done. Be sure, if you wear the body with and without the hands and feet that you do it with both bodies.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope I am not to late to join the party.. I didn't want to make a new thread since this one is sort of on topic. I have the Maitreya lara body that I just bought.. but my skin is from Belleza.. I doubt Belleza will be making a applier for the maitreya body sicne they have their own mesh body. ( Not ready to give up my skin that I paid way to much linden for though haha) 

So using this omega hud.. can i apply my belleza skin onto my maitreya body? I realllllly hope so! 

Unfortunately, Belleza has their skin appliers built into their hud and don't have Omega appliers. They said they don't plan on making them either. That being said...the maker of the LAQ skins also said he'd never make appliers for any of the mesh body parts...he released appliers today because people quit buying his skins.

Thanks for letting me know. It would be a shame if they didn't. Though I kinda understand since they have their own body.. I'm not a big skin person. I usually get one fat pack and wear it for years. Currently I have the deep tan Ava from belleza do you happen to know some similar skins with the same coloring off the top if your head? ( no worries if you do not know that the deep tan Ava look like)

Bobbie Faulds wrote:

Unfortunately, Belleza has their skin appliers built into their hud and don't have Omega appliers. They said they don't plan on making them either. That being said...the maker of the LAQ skins also said he'd never make appliers for any of the mesh body parts...he released appliers today because people quit buying his skins.

wow, that is kind of becoming a thermometer for how much mesh bodies are catching on it seems..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3371 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.