just ignore and let this one die

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2583 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I went to the thread at that other place looking for Mari's Monday pictures and found a link to here! Now I have to spend my morning making a cool new forum pic, figuring out how to get it installed etc. And I was planning to get some serious work done on my serious new computer. But oh well.

It's great to see everyone.

Kaimi Kyomoon wrote:

I went to the thread at that other place looking for Mari's Monday pictures and found a link to here! Now I have to spend my morning making a cool new forum pic, figuring out how to get it installed etc. And I was planning to get some serious work done on my serious new computer. But oh well.

I'm so glad you finally got a new computer Kaimi!  I saw that you had in few other places.  Suella did a nice little post on how make a badge in this thread.  I haven't gotten around to it and getting the size right as far as I read can be a bit tricky.

Kaimi Kyomoon wrote:

*hugs*

Hi Kaimi!!!   xoxo

Kaimi Kyomoon wrote:

wait...new computer?  You got it?  Whadja get? whadja get? huh?

Thanks for asking :smileyhappy:

new.jpg

That's 3x2GB of memory with room on the motherboard for another block of 3x2. And the case is big and black with cool blue led lights on the fans. I also got a new Wacom Bamboo tablet and stylus. I'm getting used to that and to Windows 7 and really loving the whole thing.

In SL I can see reflections and shadows and everything rezes really fast etc. etc.

I usually hate shopping and rarely get in the mood to own something new, But I really got a strong desire for a much more powerful computer and somehow my husband and I found the money to pay for it. (He had over $600 in change he'd been saving for a long time.) I'm really pretty excited about the whole thing.

Now how do I get a cool forum avatar installed here?

Kaimi Kyomoon wrote:

/me waves to Kaimi frantically

Kaimi - if you go back to "My Settings", then  "Social Connect" and then choose Tokyo Madness as the badge, and then reload your avatar picture, you will get rid of that white window that cuts into your chest.  (But instead you get semi-transparent windows, like over my picture.)

Also, you will probably have to re-edit your avatar picture if you do what I said, because you might see part of it repeated at the top or side.  (Sorry!)

And remember that the preview isn't accurate.

Ossian wrote:

Kaimi - if you go back to "My Settings", then  "Social Connect" and then choose Tokyo Madness as the badge,
and then
reload your avatar picture, you will get rid of that white window that cuts into your chest.  (But instead you get semi-transparent windows, like over my picture.)

Also, you will probably have to re-edit your avatar picture if you do what I said, because you might see part of it repeated at the top or side.  (Sorry!)

Thanks Ossian, yours looks great. I think I will do that but it looks as if I need to make a picture with a dark back ground first, or the white lettering won't show up.

Perrie Juran wrote:

M R Mice

M R not

O S A R

CM ED BD I's?

L I B

M R Mice!

OMG that made me giggle out loud.. hope my co-worker didn't hear this time... reminded me of....

M R Ducks

M R Not

O S A R

C M Wangs

L I B

M R Ducks!

no clue where I have that in my head from .. but there it is.. ;)

Ossian wrote:

Kaimi - if you go back to "My Settings", then  "Social Connect" and then choose Tokyo Madness as the badge,
and then
reload your avatar picture, you will get rid of that white window that cuts into your chest.  (But instead you get semi-transparent windows, like over my picture.)

OOOH thank you so much for that tip.. I was wondering how to change that!!

Wiki

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2583 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.