Can you help me to find new awesome locations to take pics?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4785 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

After almost 4 years in SL I passed thru almost everything, roleplays, clubs, SL family, be store owner, freebie hunter, fashion blogger...

But now I have a new hobbie, explore SL and take pics of amazing places.

If you want to spread a really nice location, please, send me a notecard with slurl or lm and a little description of the place.

I would love to blog this places, so far I have few of them on the list.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I've been exploring a lot lately. Here's some favourites of mine along with some brief impressions.

InSilico - Sci-Fi megacity. One of SL's most impressive builds. Suffers from a lack of fleshed out locations to explore (places like hospitals and dance clubs tend to be one or two rooms and lacking in details), but the overall build is overwhelming and full of detail. Some of the best textures and use of sculpts in SL. One of the few sims to make excessive use of bots for NPC avatars, although non-interactive and almost all in the form of robots.

Forgotten City - Ancient ruined city filled with rusted out clockwork people frozen in time. A mix of neo-classical and high fantasy architecture giving a very "Miyazake" feel to the sim. It suffers from some really bad scaling issues (tabletops higher than your head, chairs that make you feel like an infant, inconsistent scale amongst buildings) but, to be fair, these problems are common throughout SL and are largely due to several design problems with the SL viewer itself and LL's starter avatar selections.

Doomed Ship - Alright, so I'm maybe slightly biased with this one.Very immersive build, full of sound effects and interactive elements the likes of which you'd find in videogame environments.  Extremely atmospheric, especially if you make use of the sim's custom windlight settings and use an improved camera view. A much larger build than you'd expect in a single sim, mostly due to being one of possibly only two sims on the grid to make good use of scale. You could seriously get lost for hours here. On the down side the older sections of the sim are immediately apparent with the lack of sculpts and drop in detail. The textures and sculpt work, even in the newer areas, aren't as high a quality as sims like InSilico. It's also a popular RP sim, which means lots lag and lots of sim freezes as people come and go.

Hosoi Mura - Gorgeous sims based on Feudal Japan and China. Amazing level of detail. It has the same scale issues most sims have, but otherwise the prim and texture work is fantastic. The use of sound can be a bit out of place. Wander into an empty marketplace and you're surrounded by the sounds of a bustling, crowded street. Walk into an empty building and you hear a room full of people. It kinda makes for an unintentionally creepy effect.

Bentham Forest - Fantastic sim for Halloween adventuring, or any time you feel like taking a stroll in a creepy, haunted forest. Great use of sound, very detailed. It can be difficult to tell whether the forest is supposed to be gigantic, or just some elements in it, but otherwise an astounding sim everyone should see at least once.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4785 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.