The VaNiTy ThReAd

Wilhiam Hydraconis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 592 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Gorgeous photo!  I just did a quick photo, and I think this dress is lingerie, but I wear it as a dress. (And oh yes, btw, I WANT HAIR IN MY EYES.  Mayalily will always have hair in her eyes because that's the way I like it.)

mayinhouse1_001 copy_edited-1.png

@ Valerie - Lovely photo, and you are the one who has the stunning effect! Though I will also say that the shadows look great; I gave up and just bought some trees that come with their own shadows. :smileyvery-happy:

@ Pixie - Wow, great pic! I had to look twice because I actually thought it was a RL photo!! That's a lovely lounging pose, too! :smileyhappy:

Thank you!  Yes, I will admit I am a white metal freak in real life.  I love all the white metals.  I like a little rose gold, but for the most part I collect and wear only white metals cuz I love them sooooo much!  I love the intense shine of the white metals, and I do think they are gorgeous! 

Well I finally posted but I haven't had a chance to play with lighting, shadows or anything yet!  lol   Hopefully, will be able to do so soon, figure out lighting and backgrounds, etc.  The background is just a part of my hallway in my SL house, that's why such a quick photo.  It took only about five minutes.  I need to learn different lighting especially, or get some modeling poseballs for photography.  Not sure what I need yet. 

I'm with you on the white jewelry as opposed to gold, never been a big fan of gold... silver suits me just fine. Of course, white gold is nice and platinum is divine (I say that as if I can afford it... lol).

Lovely pic btw.

...Dres

ETA: I can't believe I'm about to post this little train of thought that popped out of my crazy head, but I was rereading what I just wrote and it occurred to me that part of it rhymes and could easily be rewritten into a poem (a silly poem, but a poem).

Precious Metals
a poem by Dresden Ceriano

I've never been a fan of gold,
Silver suits me fine,
Though white gold is delightful,
Platinum is divine.

Silly, I know.

Venus, you look absolutely lovely in this pic. I've taken a similar pic in the grass at my place but it's nowhere near as beautiful as yours. Maybe I'll post it in the do you garden thread :matte-motes-smile:

There's been so many wonderful pics, a lot in the last few days.

@ Tem, I just love that pic of you and Sylvia, it's very engaging

@ Valerie, wow, the effects of the shadows and lighting look great and I adore the open plan design of your house.  I noticed your new sig last night, very fitting. Love the poster you made btw :matte-motes-smile:

@ Pixie, that's a stunning pic. The pose is lovely and the closed eyes, just perfect 

@ Maya, I do like your white metal braceletes and yes I do mean braceletes Storm, lol

Dresden Ceriano wrote: (a silly poem, but a poem).

Precious Metals

a poem by Dresden Ceriano

I've never been a fan of gold,

Silver suits me fine,

Though white gold is delightful,

Platinum is divine.

Silly, I know.

Nono thats exactly the sort of thing I love and giggle about.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 592 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.