The VaNiTy ThReAd

Wilhiam Hydraconis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 594 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

34 minutes ago, Sagadin said:

Here's one from a recent trip to a beautiful sim called Bohemia Antiquity....

saga-032.jpg

Once upon a time, I always wore short black hair. This is so much like a look I would have gone for back in the day. IDK somehow my look has transformed over time.

• Like 2

Back on April 13, I found a swimsuit in MP, I loved, so I grabbed a demo. It was supposed to be red, but it was closer to pink, I was dissapointed, even though a friend said it looked great and I should buy the full version. I thought about getting a different color, but nothing else moved me like red, and the red was pink. They were 199L per color, and I just couldn't see spending that on something that wasn't what I really wanted. 

Then last night I am looking at a featured item, then click on the store, and there is a different version of that swimsuit, this one also 199, but with a color hud so I could get every color, actually more colors than the first one I found, plus the hud allows me to change the trim colors, the zipper colors, even will allow me to make the left and right sides different colors.

This new version of the suit is from Hilly Haalan

image.jpeg

• Like 8

Throwback Thursday! Actually, I think this one's more like Throwbackception, since it's not only an old look, but it's an old reworking of an even older look.

Some of you might recognise this skin, as it's the one I wore a lot during my old Forum Cartel Hangout days, and back in May 2015 I dragged it back out again to see if I could do anything with it. Turns out that, jazzed up with some mesh stuff, it still looks pretty damn good.

Credits are on the image, pulled direct from my Flickr post. (Please excuse the JPEG artifacts around the text. Flickr can be such an arse sometimes...)

18183800236_c1a387f62f_b.jpg

• Like 9

35 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Me wandering around looking for trouble.

You actually look for trouble? Isn't it so much easier to just make your own wherever you happen to be?

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Actually my new gfx card came in so I had to try it out as soon as I got it installed.

I'm so coming over to take pics with that! (and spend time with you of course =~.^=)

So pretty, I think your new look is coming together spectacularly.

Edited by Clover Jinx
grammar needs coffee
  • Like 2

Yes she does, I think it's Lelutka's first bento head. I keep telling her she needs to sell shapes cause she's great at it, but she just hands them out if they ask nicely. I <3 her so much!

"No fair posting stuff when I'm posting stuff!" =o.O=

Edited by Clover Jinx
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Yes, it is LeLutka's Simone.  The skin for head and body are the included Glam Affair skins

Well you did a great job! I haven't tried the Lelutka bento heads. I've been pretty happy with my Catwa Catya head :3

• Like 2

I wouldn't normally post a two pictures here both taken in the same outfit and the same location two days in a row, But in honor of Cinco de Mayo, I used the color hud to make my swimsuit fit the occasion and just moved from the dance pole to the bar. Who wants a Corona?

cinco de mayo forums.jpg

• Like 8

19 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

Cerberus Xing helping me to snag all the olives at my next cocktail party :D Amazing piercings from him out at the new Mens Dept, compatible with all Catwa Bento heads (including the female ones).

34344248701_02cf764120_b.jpg

Cerberus Xing has no idea just how much money he has from me. 

Great look Skell!

• Like 3

You lovely man you. You made me very happy because I looked up TMD and Hermony finally has a skin for Catwa..... with freckles... and the brows....Squeeee! :x

44 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

Cerberus Xing helping me to snag all the olives at my next cocktail party :D Amazing piercings from him out at the new Mens Dept, compatible with all Catwa Bento heads (including the female ones).

• Like 1

@Annika Velde Thank you!

@Marianne Little There are several great appliers for Catwa at TMD this month. I really liked the Hermony one, but unfortunately their skintones only match the default Signature body ones, and I've no interest in buying that particular body. I picked up the CdP appliers, and the Stray Dog one (which I'm about to post a pic of here) and I finally bought the Avenge one I had my eye on from Marketplace.

So... this new Stray Dog applier had me asking myself: "At what point does the valley become uncanny?" Because it took me a while to get used to the eye-boggling realism of this skin. However, the more I wear it, the more I love it.

33673782343_e86edd6eb1_b.jpg

Credits

Skin: Stray Dog - Sean (TMD)
Jacket: Lenox - Leather Jacket (black) (TMD)
Hair: Dura - B*77 (dark) (TMD)
Eyes: Avi-Glam - Argent Eyes (fjord)
Brows: Avi-Glam - Logo Eyebrows (Omega applier)
Head: Catwa - Daniel (Bento)

• Like 10

4 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

@Annika Velde Thank you!

@Marianne Little There are several great appliers for Catwa at TMD this month. I really liked the Hermony one, but unfortunately their skintones only match the default Signature body ones, and I've no interest in buying that particular body. I picked up the CdP appliers, and the Stray Dog one (which I'm about to post a pic of here) and I finally bought the Avenge one I had my eye on from Marketplace.

So... this new Stray Dog applier had me asking myself: "At what point does the valley become uncanny?" Because it took me a while to get used to the eye-boggling realism of this skin. However, the more I wear it, the more I love it.

Credits

How many male alts does one need? I need that skin too.

tenor.gif

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

@Annika Velde Thank you!

Credits

Could you teach my SL husband how to dress? In fact maybe you could teach my RL husband to.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Talligurl said:

Could you teach my SL husband how to dress? In fact maybe you could teach my RL husband to.

Heh! I'd make a lousy and impatient teacher, I'm afraid. Everything I wear is always credited, either on my blog (link in my sig) or on my Flickr (which you can get to via the sidebar of the blog). I'll always give credits if I post in this thread, too.

My current look (which, yes, changes every bloody day, I know) is this:

avenge_liam.jpg.a2793b65e53ec7092e1724ff806fe89e.jpg

Credits

Hair: Exile – Outsider* (naturals HUD)
Shirt: Ascend – Enzo Shirt (plain black)
Skin applier: Avenge – Liam (peach – Catwa only)
Piercings: Cerberus Xing – Deepforge Chains (silver – gift)
Eyes: Avi-Glam – Celestial Eyes (arctic HUD)
Brows: Avi-Glam – LOGO Eyebrows
Head: Catwa – Daniel (Bento)

*review copy

Edited to add locations: The shirt is at The Mens Dept, the hair is at Dark Style Fair, and the Cerberus Xing piercings are a free gift to L'Homme Magazine Readers group.

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 9

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 594 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.