The VaNiTy ThReAd

Wilhiam Hydraconis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 572 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

23 minutes ago, Aislin Ceawlin said:

WHERE did you get that closet??? I would kill for one like that in RL...lol!

WHO would not? I left a review here: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/BAZARGlam-Closet-FEMALE-Full-Pack/8718031

I bought it without looking at it inworld, heh. It is not necessary to place it in that order shown because it is all in parts. The rezzer set it up like that. But all can be replaced and removed. Comes with empty units too. And a corner part. I think IKEA is an inspiration.... It was easy to edit smaller. My closet units is 250 cm high, 80 cm wide and 70 cm deep. Every unit was 330 cm or so before I started on editing.

You must look at the jewellery box. Just so realistic and all is low LI.

I'll see where the colorful boxes is from, it is really a picnic set. I am looking for hat boxes now.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 2

That's a gorgeous accessory, Talligurl. Is it rigged or can it be modified to fit a male avatar? If it can, I'd love to know the creator.

My LotD. More Swallow appliers for Catwa. I've picked up three in the past week, and I couldn't be happier. For two years my favourite skin designer has been TMP-only and is finally beginning to create for Catwa.

intense_comp.jpg

Credits

Hair: Exile – Tommy (mix 1) – FREE
Skin applier: Swallow – Gothic Catwa (ivory) - out at Black Fair until April 21st
Glitter: Demonic – Thalani Glitter (black – Omega)
Eyes: Avi-Glam – Elysian Eyes (ocean – Omega)
Ears: Swallow (included with the Gothic Catwa skin)
Head: Catwa – Daniel (Bento viewer required)
Body: Slink Physique Male

• Like 10

6 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

That's a gorgeous accessory, Talligurl. Is it rigged or can it be modified to fit a male avatar? If it can, I'd love to know the creator.

My LotD. More Swallow appliers for Catwa. I've picked up three in the past week, and I couldn't be happier. For two years my favourite skin designer has been TMP-only and is finally beginning to create for Catwa.

intense_comp.jpg

Credits

Hair: Exile – Tommy (mix 1) – FREE
Skin applier: Swallow – Gothic Catwa (ivory) - out at Black Fair until April 21st
Glitter: Demonic – Thalani Glitter (black – Omega)
Eyes: Avi-Glam – Elysian Eyes (ocean – Omega)
Ears: Swallow (included with the Gothic Catwa skin)
Head: Catwa – Daniel (Bento viewer required)
Body: Slink Physique Male

I've been missing you :x I have been very busy and haven't used Flickr for a long, long time, but I had noticed you start to use a Catwa head.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

@Skell Dagger  Woohoo!  I love when guys post and I love unique avatars... 

Thank you! I'm notoriously lazy when it comes to even writing my blog ("Flickr is quickr" is my excuse) let alone cross-posting anywhere else, but I'll try to post here when I have something new.

4 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I've been missing you :x I have been very busy and haven't used Flickr for a long, long time, but I had noticed you start to use a Catwa head.

Aww, thank you! Yeah, I finally dragged Skell (kicking and screaming, mind you) into the 21st Century. It took the advent of Bento to get me a head that I was happy to work with. Everything else just didn't feel like him at all. I've been saying that it won't be a permanent thing, that he'll take it off now and then, but he hasn't taken it off since he got it. I suspect it'll feel very strange when he does.

It's a lot more work, I'll admit. I've lost a lot of the customisation options - especially with makeup, even with Catwa's multiple layers - that I had with the system avatar. There are also far fewer applier skins that I'm happy to work with for Skell's aesthetic than there were system skins (as ever, the ladies get a huge number of choices, whereas us guys are mostly assumed to want to look like Mr Normal, when many of us actually don't). But I'm nothing if not a stubborn bastard, so I'll keep working at it.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

There are also far fewer applier skins that I'm happy to work with for Skell's aesthetic than there were system skins (as ever, the ladies get a huge number of choices, whereas us guys are mostly assumed to want to look like Mr Normal, when many of us actually don't). But I'm nothing if not a stubborn bastard, so I'll keep working at it.

I am sure you have tried Stray Dog? https://www.flickr.com/photos/gac_akina/

I love this Tyler skin, but he has some interesting pale skins too. Plus that my SL "brother" got a skin from Avenge, totally full of freckles (not for you, lol) but it is not the tanned stereotypical look. https://www.flickr.com/photos/avengestore/

But I am sure you already know these stores.

• Like 2

I've tried a few Stray Dog demos, yes. The biggest issue for me with most skins is the eyebrows. Skell's brows have always been well-groomed, and so many male applier skins have thick or heavy brows. Yes, some of them include a browless option so I can use applier brows, but that then takes one slot away from my head.

I've got my eye on some Avenge demos, actually. This one is sitting in my cart at the moment, waiting for me to log back in again. I'd also love to see KOOQLA creating male skins for Catwa. 

The difficulty has been in creating androgyny. I've yet to manage something that isn't still very masculine (which, don't get me wrong, is fine) even when I'm using Swallow's appliers. I don't do full-on femboi, but I sometimes like to pair an androgynous face with broad shoulders. It's a look that I really love. The best skin I've found for that is Avi-Glam's "Liam", which I used for this shoot:

under_ivy_comp.jpg

• Like 6

16 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

Sorry I didn't see this till now, looks like you can modify this to work, you might want to check out the rest of the store as well, lots of great pieces.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/AZOURY-Nameless-Jewels/10238747

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Talligurl said:

Sorry I didn't see this till now, looks like you can modify this to work, you might want to check out the rest of the store as well, lots of great pieces.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/AZOURY-Nameless-Jewels/10238747

Oh... my... GAH! That store! I'm screaming at the shoes. (Goddammit, I wish Slink would make heeled feet for men. I swear, I'd commit bad deeds for that.) That is all so much my aesthetic, you have no idea. Thank you!

God, my poor wallet is cringing...

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 572 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.