Wilhiam Hydraconis

The VaNiTy ThReAd

valerie Inshan wrote:

Well honestly, Domitan, even though I have the latest quadricore iMac, I had completely lost hope to be able to run shadows and DOF until this morning update! I didn't even have to reduce my draw distance to enable them and the big bonus is: this does not seem to significantly reduce the speed either. I only had 10 minutes earlier today before going to work and I can't wait to come home this evening to start playing with that! :smileyhappy:

I've found a similar thing. A lot of the graphics tweaks on Firestorm don't seem to adversely affect framerates... *until* I go somewhere busy. Shadows and DoF on one av doesn't seem so bad, but on several it can really make a difference.

Oh, and if you want fps to really slow to a crawl, try putting the shadow detail up from minimum. I did it and suddenly I was in single digits.

eta: not on a Mac, I use a 3.3 quad AMD with 550Ti graphics. That card was the best upgrade I ever bought :)

Aww, these pictures are so sweet Uncommon! You two look like the rest of the world doesn't exist anymore! :matte-motes-inlove:

Happy playing with the shadows!!! LOL, I've been waiting for so long to enable them! :D

shadow1.jpg

shadow2.jpg

Very nice, Burciaq.  I have the same vest, shirt and pants... I would challenge you to see who looks best in them, but I think I already know what the answer would be.  wink-kiss.gif

...Dres

Yay!  Colleen and Storm!  You both look awesome!

/me waves to the other lovely and handsome posters to this long-running thread

Here is one I shot today and posted to my feed.

Selidor 30 Apr 2012_005 jpeg.jpg

Well the sim is pretty much done, just needs a few finishing touches, my sister and I went with a Tropical theme again :)

Snapshot_107.png

Everyone looks great!!!!  In honor of Storm's return to this epic thread, I will post a few from Ambrosia today.  I took the purple haze ones (thanks Storm) and Caity took the real colors one (Thanks Caity)

This one almost looks 3D.  Yes, I am reaching out to grab you.

Snapshot60_001.jpg

Domitan correctly pegged this one.  I, too, thought it looked like I was playing air guitar and I was giggling as I downloaded it.  Storm's Purple Haze comment finished it.

original_4f9ef240c75ed80f09000001.jpg

Caity can do much better graphics settings that I can.  Always nice to see how I look to others.

original_4f9ee5cd83a81c2d5a000001.jpg

WB, Storm...don't think I've seen your av as a human before, very nice!

Kelli, Love that windlight

Colleen, Very cool look!

Venus, love the water reflection...is that done with the technique that Marianne always talks about?  Have been meaning to try that...

Sara, love the fountains...nice work :)

Cinn, nice pics, looks like you had a lot of fun

Pussycat, WOW!!!  Love everything about this pic!

On a side note, seems Randall is missing lately from the thread...hope all is well.

Hey Kylie,  The water reflections are just a product of putting my graphics on ultra and making sure water reflections is set to 'everything'.