The VaNiTy ThReAd

Wilhiam Hydraconis

Coby Foden wrote:

I had a go and played with some viewer blur with this tropical mermaid in one narrow SL channel going between two islands.  The lower part, from the waist down, is rigged mesh and thus looks great when the mermaid goes swimming about.

Mermaid-tropical_smaller.jpg

Lovely Coby, you make a beautiful mermaid :)

They both look good, I think I like Amber a lil more. It's.. softer? I'm not sure lol, just that it's my favorite of the two :smileyhappy:

Happy Fool's Day Jesica! And everyone else!

Val you would hostess the absolute bestest breakfast ever I'm sure!

Coby, gorgeous!

UncommonTruth wrote:

They both look good, I think I like Amber a lil more. It's.. softer? I'm not sure lol, just that it's my favorite of the two :smileyhappy:

Happy Fool's Day Jesica! And everyone else!

Val you would hostess the absolute bestest breakfast ever I'm sure!

Coby, gorgeous!

Yeah Amber is going on my list, thought it had the softest look. But still going to look some other places :)

Raven1 Short wrote:

Saraya Starr wrote:

Ok, need opinions here. I have been wearing LAQ skins pretty much forever on SL, but I feel like a change. I was shopping at League and found this one called Taylor..

Snapshot_009.jpg

And this one called Amber..

Snapshot_010.jpg

I vote for Amber as well.  

Yeah, if I can't find anything better that I like I will be getting that one :)

Saraya Starr wrote:

Ok, need opinions here. I have been wearing LAQ skins pretty much forever on SL, but I feel like a change. I was shopping at League and found this one called Taylor..

Snapshot_009.jpg

And this one called Amber..

Snapshot_010.jpg

That skin is GORGE! I've been wearing LAQ for yrs too. I love Leagues clothing, but, have never really looked at the skins..Guess I better go have a look. There are a few places on SL that have nice skins but I've been in my LAQ rut for such a long time.. maybe League will get me out of it!

Randall Ahren wrote:

Still smoking Val? According to Vladimir Nobokov, the angels in heaven sneak a smoke occasionally. When they flick their butts away, it creates shooting stars.

I pretty like the idea Randall!

@ Burciaq, you shot isn't bad either! That's a nice swimming pool you have (not mentioning the handsome guy on the foreground) :smileyhappy:

valerie Inshan wrote:

Oh, how I wish I could be your hostess inworld....... we dont meet enought. I'm glad you liked the warrior tomb, though, But indeed by my kitchen is much more warm and friendy! :smileyhappy: Just order for the menu, I have it! Hugs you hun! :smileyhappy:

Awww...we shall have to try and remedy that :matte-motes-sunglasses-2:

Sapphire Hissop wrote:

Wow Kylie - Good eye
:)
  Yes, it is Willowdale.  I have been on my parcel for almost 2 years now and she has offered to let me move to a different parcel that she has just finished landscaping.  I told her I like mine and would stay there.
:)
  She wasn't able to do as much upgrading as she would have liked since I have a home on the parcel but what she did is awesome.

Whenever I'm looking for land, her place is always on my list of choices.  She does an excellent job, very talented :) 

Coby Foden wrote:

I had a go and played with some viewer blur with this tropical mermaid in one narrow SL channel going between two islands.  The lower part, from the waist down, is rigged mesh and thus looks great when the mermaid goes swimming about.

Mermaid-tropical_smaller.jpg

Coby...beautiful :heart:

I am not sure if these pics are actually 'vanity thread' material.  Everywhere I went over the last 24 hours was so packed, I had to have all my graphics set to low just to move.  Oh well - we will call these Adventures in SL instead of Vanity.

Great time last night at Occupy SL.  We all decided to occupy the stage (thanks for the tradition Lillie and the use of your barn.  I will muck out a stall for you if you like) and then had a little hoe down in the barn.  Yeehawwww!!!  Good tunes, good friends, a lot of laughs...

original_4f790ab625c92e04b9000001.jpg

original_4f79130dc0d605777e000001.jpg

Today - back to Ambrosia to listen to Venus' set again.  More great tunes.  It took at least 1/2 hour to get a dance partner this time and when I did a MONSTER of a guy rezzed right in the middle of the dancing (gotta love newbies)  we figured he would eventually move so we just danced on.  20 minutes later he was still standing there immobile.  Maybe he was so transfixed by the sight of the woman in front of him...  Maybe he was lost in IM's or still rezzing...  Maybe he just couldn't find the dance ball...  My dance partner and I were laughing hysterically as we just danced right through him.  Venus and Sy eventually figured it out.  He had been dancing locally instead of inworld with his own animation.  As far as he knew he had smooth moves...  I think I must have done that 10 times when I was a newb before someone told me I was standing still.  HAHA - once he got moving he DID have smooth moves.  Sy took one of these pics - thanks!

original_4f7a0f3006428a7d35000001.jpg

original_4f7a170f36d230444d000001.jpg

original_4f7a17b25f2e9a120d000001.jpg

Cinnamon Mistwood wrote:

I am not sure if these pics are actually 'vanity thread' material.  Everywhere I went over the last 24 hours was so packed, I had to have all my graphics set to low just to move.  Oh well - we will call these Adventures in SL instead of Vanity.

Great time last night at Occupy SL.  We all decided to occupy the stage (thanks for the tradition Lillie and the use of your barn.  I will muck out a stall for you if you like) and then had a little hoe down in the barn.  Yeehawwww!!!  Good tunes, good friends, a lot of laughs...

original_4f790ab625c92e04b9000001.jpg

original_4f79130dc0d605777e000001.jpg

Today - back to Ambrosia to listen to Venus' set again.  More great tunes.  It took at least 1/2 hour to get a dance partner this time and when I did a MONSTER of a guy rezzed right in the middle of the dancing (gotta love newbies)  we figured he would eventually move so we just danced on.  20 minutes later he was still standing there immobile.  Maybe he was so transfixed by the sight of the woman in front of him...  Maybe he was lost in IM's or still rezzing...  Maybe he just couldn't find the dance ball...  My dance partner and I were laughing hysterically as we just danced right through him.  Venus and Sy eventually figured it out.  He had been dancing locally instead of inworld with his own animation.  As far as he knew he had smooth moves...  I think I must have done that 10 times when I was a newb before someone told me I was standing still.  HAHA - once he got moving he DID have smooth moves.  Sy took one of these pics - thanks!

original_4f7a0f3006428a7d35000001.jpg

original_4f7a170f36d230444d000001.jpg

original_4f7a17b25f2e9a120d000001.jpg

Wow he is huge!