The VaNiTy ThReAd

Wilhiam Hydraconis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 594 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Thank you for all the nice comments! Almost no places allow rezzing poseballs, so moving is a real pain. I spend a lot of time getting the pose as I want.

I wish the beautiful places would allow a 1 min rezzing before stuff was autoreturned. I found out that all I need is to sit on the poseball and play other animations from my inventory, so it is no need to rez new poseballs. As long as I sit on the poseball, it stays put and is not returned. Moving the poseball is easy if I make it big so it shows outside my body, then I can grab it and move it without standing up.

Here I had no possibility to rez, so I was not touching the tree trunk. It's all about moving the camera to make it appear as I am leaning against the tree. I was actually 1 meter from the tree in that actual shot, so I should get some of the yellow sunflowers in focus. 

I have often mumbled, muttered and wailed, wishing I had better precision control over the avatar. It is so easy to get the head and shoulders inside the tree! 

angle_003.jpg 

Hi Marianne...two questions, you may have missed my ETA on my original post:

Where did you get the shirt?  It is super cute :)

Also, since you go around traveling a lot, can you recommend a sim that has rain for pictures?

Randall Ahren wrote:

valerie Inshan wrote:

How much lonely is too lonely?

Great photo Val, and red is my favorite color. How lonely is too lonely? When you get so alone that suicide starts to make sense, that's too lonely.

when you find yourself alone

Your demons come to light and your mind is not your own...

You nailed it Randall. Sorry, I shouldn't have posted that. Apologiies to you all.

No need for an apology to me Val. I live for questions like that. Perhaps I should apologize for not holding back in my answer. Hope you're not feeling lonely, but if you are, I would like to send you greetings from the other side of sorrow and despair. Is this heaven? Hell if I know, but this place seems like it's crammed with little bits of heaven wherever I go. From the Midsome Meadows Coffe Shop today. It's a beautiful, but lonely place.

Cropped2_126.png

valerie Inshan wrote:

Randall Ahren wrote:

valerie Inshan wrote:

How much lonely is too lonely?

Great photo Val, and red is my favorite color. How lonely is too lonely? When you get so alone that suicide starts to make sense, that's too lonely.

when you find yourself alone

Your demons come to light and your mind is not your own...

You nailed it Randall. Sorry, I shouldn't have posted that. Apologiies to you all.

No Val, no need to apologize for how you are feeling, we can all feel like that at times *sends you a big hug*

valerie Inshan wrote:

@ Kylie, if you are looking for rain (and don't mind quite a few sheeps), search for Empress and Hierophant sim. Innsmouth is not bad either.

Yep, just left Innsmouth, am now at E&H...wow, these surrounding sims are gorgeous, have never been this way before :

Thanks!

Randall Ahren wrote:

No need for an apology to me Val. I live for questions like that. Perhaps I should apologize for not holding back in my answer. Hope you're not feeling lonely, but if you are, I would like to send you greetings from
of sorrow and despair. Is this heaven? Hell if I know, but this place seems like it's crammed with little bits of heaven wherever I go. From the Midsome Meadows Coffe Shop today. It's a beautiful, but lonely place.

Cropped2_126.png

You're looking good!!

I see you already got great suggestions for rainy sims! :) I can't add much more.

And the top is Baiastice Gygi mesh dress, it is in The Dressing Room or The Dressing Room Blue. I bought it Saturday, so it should still be there, but I can't remember what location it was. It's a mini dress, but I used it as a long top.

Randall Ahren wrote:

Yes, you do look good from that side too. I thought the last photo you posted on your blog was also nice, where you were swinging.

Thanks, Randall. That swing photo was fun to make.

Hey, Valerie, no need to apologize. Loneliness sometimes becomes our closest friend, that's when it's time to get out and make new ones. Luckily for you, we're just a post away! lol :D   

Kylie, I can't think of any rainy sims, but there is a place that has rain at the landing point, and it looks pretty cool when you set it to the sky setting they recommend, here's the lm if you wanna check it out: Endless Death

I am finally posting again since I got a new computer The old one was a Pentium 2 with an 80 gig HD and 550 megs or Ram. I have no clue how I could even move :D But now I have a new Acer Aspire (well ok a refurbished one) with a 640 GB HD, 4 GB of DDR Ram and an AMD Phenom processor along with a really great ATI Radeon HD graphics card. Who knew water sparkled in SL? I didn't :) Now I do. So I have been taking pics - still not as good as most on this thread but working on it. :)

Went to Fogbound last night and guess who I saw? Randall. And yes, he is quite good looking in the flesh, so to speak. :) And I sent him an IM because I was so excited to actually see someone from this thread. And I am sure he sat there thinking...who the bleep is this person and why are they IM'ing me. But he was quite gracious and pleasant. And he even told me I was very pretty which made my night :)

So here is me dancing at Fogbound.  Eventually I will learn how to edit my pictures.  I don't always go to Fogbound because it is no fun to sit alone but a very nice man asked me to dance :)  I had fun and it was fun to talk with Randall.  I even saw Cinnamon there - very pretty ;)

Snapshot_015.jpgSnapshot_014.jpgSnapshot_013.jpgSnapshot_012.jpgSnapshot_011.jpgSnapshot_010.jpgSnapshot_009.jpg

Randall Ahren wrote:

No need for an apology to me Val. I live for questions like that. Perhaps I should apologize for not holding back in my answer. Hope you're not feeling lonely, but if you are, I would like to send you greetings from
of sorrow and despair. Is this heaven? Hell if I know, but this place seems like it's crammed with little bits of heaven wherever I go. From the Midsome Meadows Coffe Shop today. It's a beautiful, but lonely place.

Cropped2_126.png

I like this pic of you Randall, and it looks like a lovely place to just sit , relax and put your cares aside.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 594 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.